The air fryer is a revolutionary kitchen gadget that today delights potato chips fans. However, it is essential to choose the correct device, taking into account specific characteristics. Know in this article what are the factors to choose the best model.
In our shopping guide, you will find tips and a comparison of the best models.
Best air fryer
There are several brands of air fryers. Here we present the most recommended on the market, due to their recognized quality. By clicking on the name of each one of them, you will be able to enter the brands website.
Ninja air fryer
These are models that have won the trust of many consumers around the world. Amazon customers have not in vain rated them with more than 4.7 stars.
Dishwasher safe models are best known for their ability to help customers enjoy healthy alternatives to fried foods that contain 75% less fat than traditional cooking methods.
- Guilt-free fried food using little to no oil
- Lower fat alternative to traditional frying methods
- Four cooking functions – Air Fry, Roast, Reheat and Dehydrate
- Air Fry – Up to 75 Percent less fat than traditional frying methods*
- Dishwasher-safe parts. Includes 3. 8 L non-stick basket with crisper plate
- Delicious authentic chargrilled flavours from an indoor grill
- Easily cook your favourite fresh and frozen foods
- 5 cooking functions – Grill, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate
- Uses little or no added oil. Air Fry – Up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods*
- Includes 5.7L Cooking Pot, 3.8L Crisper Basket, Grill Plate, Cleaning Brush. Dishwasher-safe parts.
Air fryer Philips
Another brand that we like a lot for the variety of products it offers is Philips. Although this brand does offer some good models, we recommend that you consider Philips products if you are looking for quality. We also like that they have different models depending on the amount of food you normally plan to fry.
- Healthy frying with Rapid Air technology - fry with up to 90 Percent less fat
- Open up a world of possibilities: fry, bake, grill, roast and even reheat
- Touch screen with 7 preset programs, which include frozen snacks, fries, meat, fish, chicken drumsticks, cake and even grilled vegetables
- Keep warm function, which keeps your food at the ideal temperature for up to 30 minutes
- Delicious Airfryer recipes for healthy living every day via NutriU App
- Philips Air fryer is the world's no. 1 brand with over 7 million units sold
- Make healthy and great tasting meals with 90 percent less fat
- Philips rapid air technology lets you fry, grill, roast and even bake healthier meals quickly
- 1. 2kg Capacity for 5 portions with digital control up to 200°C temperature and 30 minute timer
- Easy cleaning with dishwasher safe parts
Morphy Richards air fryer
Morphy Richards offers quality kitchen equipment. Here are two of the best-selling models.
- Low oil frying - cook your favourite meals with less fat
- Extra large capacity - cook 2-4 portions
- Rapid air technology - for perfectly fried food without the fat
- Easy to use manual controls - simply select cooking time and temperature
- 3D Air Pulse Technology: uses hot air circulation to cook crispy and tasty fried food with little to no oil*. Lead a healthier everyday lifestyle...
- Large digital touchscreen: simple and easy to use
- XL 4.2L capacity/up to six servings: ideal for feeding all the family or easy entertaining
- Eight cooking possibilities: fries, cutlet, shrimp, cake, pizza, fish, grill and roast– from homemade sweet potato wedges, chicken nuggets to...
- Optimum results: adjustable temperature control (80°C-200°C) for precise cooking and added flexibility
Tower air fryer
Did you know that Tower produce products at a low price? Nevertheless, you will be surprised by the quality offered by the manufacturer.
- 99 PERCENT LESS FAT – little to no oil is required, all while keeping the same great taste, so you lose the fat, not the flavour
- 5-IN-1 COOKING – use this oven as an air fryer, rotisserie, dehydrator, as well as for baking and roasting, it’s all your cooking needs in...
- LARGE CAPACITY – providing 11 litres of cooking space, its perfect for cooking for all the family
- VORTX TECHNOLOGY – rapid air circulation creates crispier textures faster across a wide range of ingredients, including vegetables, chicken,...
- FASTER COOKING – offering the power to cook your food 30 percent faster than a conventional oven, making mealtimes that much easier
- VORTX TECHNOLOGY: Rapid air circulation cooks food 30% faster with 99% less oil and the same great taste – you only lose the fat, not the...
- 99 PERCENT LESS FAT: Uses just one spoonful of oil to reduce fat contents by up to 99%, making fried food healthier than ever
- FOOD COOKS FASTER: Faster cooking capabilities has your food ready in less time, letting you make delicious golden chips in just 15 minutes
- MORE MEAL CHOICES: Fry, roast, grill and bake functions allow you to make a variety of meals such as stuffed vegetables, muffins, pork chops and...
- 4.3 LITRE CAPACITY: Family-sized air fryer with a large 4.3 litre capacity lets you serve up enough portions to go round the whole table
Breville air fryer
Although Breville is not exclusively dedicated to making air fryers, it does have a great variety of products compared to other brands. The price of the products from this brand remains within the mid-range, they are neither very expensive nor very cheap.
If you are looking for a model that has an excellent price-quality we recommend this brand, the consumers’ reviews speak for themselves.
- Healthier and Tasty Fried Treats: Uses 360° air circulation and 99.5 Percent less oil than standard 3 Litre Breville fryers for crispy,...
- Versatile Cooking: 5 cooking presets for chips, chicken, vegetables, steak and fish; with one appliance you can air fry, bake, roast, sauté and...
- Fast and Easy to Use: Powerful 1700 W for rapid heating up to 200 C; digital touch screen lets you choose your preferred setting, while sound...
- Feed the Whole Family: Large 5.5 Litre basket with divider offers plenty of room for a whole chicken or large joint of meat
- Total Control: Manual setting plus adjustable time and temperature functions let you take charge for cooked meals, just the way you like them
- Total Control: Air fry, bake, rotisserie and dehydrate for a variety of delicious dishes, with manual settings plus adjustable time and...
- Fast and Easy to Use: Powerful 2000W for rapid heating up to 200C; digital touch screen lets you choose your preferred setting, while sound alert...
- Feed the Whole Family: Extra large 10 L capacity with 3 level cooking surfaces that offer plenty of room for a whole family meal
- Versatile Cooking: Uses 360° air circulation for crispy, delicious results; 4 cooking presets for chips, chicken, vegetables and steak, using up...
- Accessories: 3 air flow racks, 3.2 L mesh basket, rotisserie spit and rotisserie handling fork
Where to buy Air Fryer?
To choose the best air fryer on the market, it is important to be smart and inform yourself well beforehand. We must go to physical stores to view it and then surf the net to read opinions, see comparisons, rates and occasions. One of the best online websites to find the best model on the market is Amazon, which has the best costs and offers on a multitude of products. In any case, we provide you with a list of the most famous establishments:
Air fryer Tesco
Tesco is a grocery store, but they still have sections for kitchen appliances. Years ago, when Tesco offered a catalogue of Tesco Direct, there was a large selection to choose from, but today you can find several models of shelves in the store. Quite often you can find air fryer on offer in Tesco, so if you like discounted goods check your local store.
Air fryer Asda
Asda also has stores around the UK that you can find air fryer. If you are somewhere around an ASDA store, pop in and see what they have to offer.
What is an air fryer?
It is a kitchen appliance that can be used to fry potatoes and other foods with a small amount of oil.
It consists of infrared heating elements that heat the indoor air and fans that circulate the hot air, ensuring cooking. With this type of machine, you will get fries that are as tasty and crisp as those prepared with a traditional deep fryer.
One of the most obvious advantages of these appliances is that the range of prices and sizes is quite wide. Their variety of sizes will allow them to adapt to your countertop perfectly. And, depending on your tastes and financial scope, you will find fryers of all types and functions.
Indeed there is an air fryer that is perfectly adapted to your needs. In addition to versatility, another great advantage of having a deep fryer is the speed they inject into our preparations. Especially when we need to cook frozen food, they make everything more comfortable and faster due to how the air circulates on both sides.
And if that were not enough, having our food ready in a short time, the texture that this appliance will add to your food also adds an advantage to its use. Your kale or chicken wings will be very crispy and juicy. Also, air fryers add the following benefits that you will surely not be able to resist:
- They have a heat regulator, so adjusting the temperature will no longer be a problem.
- Most models have a timer, so you won’t have to keep an eye on your food while it cooks.
- There will be no more smoke in your kitchen or undesirable fried smells.
- Are easily cleaned
- You reduce fat in 85% of your food
Indeed, when “frying without oil”, your calorie intake decreases significantly. Nutritionists claim that we reduce calorie consumption by between 70 and 80% when we use an air fryer.
As you read it, eliminating fat when using an air fryer will significantly impact your body. And, of course, it will make you much healthier by reducing your risk of cardiovascular disease, obesity, or even diabetes.
How to use it?
How are oil-free fryers doing? or is it necessary to defrost or preheat? These are just a few of the questions you’ll come across when searching for air fryers.
In general, oil-free fryers are a great option to eat healthier without neglecting flavour. With its use, you will considerably reduce the oil in your preparations, and they are very fast, so you will not need to start cooking ahead of time or anything like that.
You do not need to defrost the food when using the fryer. It is powerful enough to cook it no matter what temperature it is at.
While it is true that these devices do not require oil, a few drops can help you give your meals a crunchier touch.
For example, when preparing French fries, add salt and a little oil with a spray bottle before placing them in the fryer. You will see how they are a nice golden and crispy colour.
Another tip when cooking in these fryers is that you must place the seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, among others) before starting the cooking since it is not convenient to stop in the middle of cooking to add them. Also, placing them at the beginning will give a greater flavour to your meals.
If your fryer does not have a timer, you should be aware of each recipe’s cooking times.
Last but not least, cleanliness. After each preparation, you must clean the fryer’s internal bucket and the parts that had contact with the food. This will ensure better hygiene and give the appliance a longer life.
When you shop online, these are the main factors to consider:
In general, a machine’s power for frying potatoes without oil varies between 900 and 2225 W. The higher it is, the more temperature it can reach in the shortest possible time.
Although a very powerful appliance also consumes a lot of energy, cooking faster balances the bill.
I recommend you buy a 1,400 W model onwards that offers high energy efficiency.
Capacity and size
There are at least two formats of frying machines, some colossal to prepare several frying trays simultaneously, and others small as a complement to the home kitchen. Depending on the space available and the use you want to give, you will choose either a compact or an industrial one.
The compact ones are small electric machines that consist of a tray or bucket in which the food is placed to fry. At home, they are fully functional, being able to be placed on one side of the kitchen work area without taking up much space. The most common models usually have 1 litre, 3 litres, 4 litres and 5 litres.
The industrial ones are designed to be used in restaurants, bars and hotels where potatoes, chickens and other fried foods are prepared in quantity. Their capacity is much greater than the domestic ones, and they usually have several tanks and baskets so that several foods can be cooked simultaneously. In terms of capacity, 12 litres, 16 litres, 19 litres up to massive 50-litre models.
These healthy fryers must have a temperature regulator. This way, you can control the heat and cooking times of each food.
For example, seafood and vegetables are best cooked at 150ºC, meat and fish at 170ºC, potatoes at 180ºC and chicken wings at 200ºC.
I recommend equipment whose temperature ranges between 80 and 200ºC.
Features and ease of use
If you doubt which model to buy, one of the most important factors to consider is the ease of use. To do this, it analyzes in detail the functions that each model includes.
One of the most valued tools is the timer, which prevents food from passing or burning. If the equipment also has an automatic shutdown, much better. This way, you can leave it in use while performing other tasks and avoiding unnecessary loss of energy.
On the other hand, most of these fryers come with preset programs for frying, baking or roasting different kinds of food. They also include a digital display or buttons.
Choose the model that offers you the most options within your budget.
One of the significant advantages of this equipment is that they are much safer than conventional models since they avoid the typical oil splashes.
In any case, for more excellent protection, I recommend models that have:
- An internal lining that prevents overheating.
- Lid lock.
- An automatic disconnection system.
- Cold touch materials.
- Thermal protection on the handle to avoid burns.
- Non-slip feet.
Ease of cleaning
For easy cleaning and maintenance, look for a model with an “anti-fingerprint” design and dishwasher safe parts.
Many models also include a drip tray that traps grease and liquid from food, making it easy to clean.
Most of these kits come with different accessories that make it easy to use. These include silicone pads, baking pans, cake or pizza pans, metal skewer racks, food turning tongs, odour filters, and cookbooks.
Choose the model that offers you the most for the same price. If you want, you can also purchase accessory kits separately.
The price varies according to the brand of equipment, its capacity, the quality of its materials, the functions and the accessories included.
It is possible to buy cheap air fryer for less than £50. However, the most sophisticated models exceed £200.
If we search among the reviews of consumers who have used an air fryer, we will find reviews of all kinds. However, most of these have shown satisfaction with their acquisition. We are valuing the fact of cooking positively without oil, in a cleaner and faster way.
It is important to note that there is a difference in flavours between foods that have been cooked with oil and those cooked without. There are even those who consider that the texture differs a lot.
However, in our own opinion, we consider air fryers to be a particular appliance for those who want to lead a healthy life. In comparison, vegetable fats and oils indeed provide a unique flavour to meals. The more significant benefit will bring our body to choose those foods that have been cooked without them.
For this reason, it is worth having one at home and preparing our usual dishes in a much healthier way.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API