Technology has become an indisputable part of our life, so much so that many facets of it we are no longer able to imagine if there is no technological device involved. And that progresses more and more, as demonstrated by the launches that are coming to the market and that manage to surprise us. This is precisely what has not happened with Amazon Echo.
In the last weeks, you may have heard a lot about him. However, do you know what it is about? If the answer is no, do not worry. We’re going to present it thoroughly below. Take note.
What is Amazon Echo?
Amazon Echo (2nd Gen) - Smart speaker...
- Amazon Echo connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Just ask for a song, artist or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on Echo devices in different rooms, available for Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify; Bluetooth not supported. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefings and more.
- Call almost anyone hands-free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices, Alexa app and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- New speaker with Dolby processing that fills the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and delivers crisp vocals, deep bass, and clear highs at louder volumes.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing.
Without a doubt, the first thing that may interest you is to be clear about what it is. Well, it is a speaker with hands-free that has the peculiarity that the user can control it simply with the voice. In this way, you do not need to have it immediately next to you so that you can perform the desired function by touching any button.
In addition, another reason that stands out from this device is that it connects to the Alexa Voice Service, which is a voice server located in the Cloud that allows a long list of tasks. Which? From playing music to making calls through controlling compatible home devices, obtaining weather information, setting alarms, asking questions about traffic, discovering the desired sporting results, creating shopping lists …
Amazon Echo features
Once you’ve been able to discover, in general terms, the Amazon Echo speaker, it’s time to know its main hallmarks. We are referring to some of the following:
- It has a total of seven microphones to get a perfect sound. In addition, it has Dolby technology.
- It consists of a 63-millimetre woofer, which is oriented downwards, and a 16-millimetre tweeter, which is oriented upwards.
- It has long-range voice recognition.
- No less interesting is that it has a technology both noise cancellation and beam formation.
- This speaker is equipped with an auxiliary audio output with 3.5 mm jack or Bluetooth.
- It weighs 821 grams and its dimensions are 148 x 88 88 millimetres.
- This model, which is the second generation, should be clear that it can be purchased now in the Amazon online store. It is available for sale in light grey, dark grey or anthracite.
Benefits of Amazon Echo
Once you have been able to know the main identifying features of this Amazon device, it is time to discover why it has become one of the most sold technological items in the market. In particular, if this speaker is succeeding it is because it has a long list of advantages, among which we can highlight the following:
- Thanks to the fact that it connects to the Alexa service, it gives you the opportunity to carry out a myriad of tasks, which can not be carried out with any speaker.
- It has an undeniable sound quality in any of its functions.
- It gives the possibility of controlling in a comfortable and fast way what are the technological devices that are compatible, as it may be the case, for example, the digital home lighting or even the thermostat.
- Its operation is really simple and is that you only have to pronounce the word “Alexa” to perform the functions entrusted to it.
- It allows listening in streaming a total of up to 2 million songs, more, without ads and without additional cost. And all thanks to the Prime Music service.
- Offer Amazon Music Unlimited for free during the first 14 days.
- It has the multi-state music function to put music in the different Echo speakers that have been scattered around the house.
- It can also be used to make hands-free calls and even send voice and text messages without any additional cost. To use this function it will be necessary to download the Alexa app on the smartphone, which must have at least the Android 5.0 or iOS 9.0 operating system.
- Thanks to its long-range system allow you to “hear” the order that is given at a great distance and even regardless of the direction in which it comes.
- Another of the great advantages that Amazon Echo has is that it can be customized. Yes, through the use of Skills, which can be incorporated as desired. In this way, each individual will have the most used and most useful as, for example, those who help you to know your horoscope, the schedules of Renfe, ask for food …
- It is also interesting to note that Alexa will be learning from her “owner”. That’s why I’m using his vocabulary and expressions.
Once you have been able to know the advantages of this device, it is time for you to discover its aspects against it in order to be able to make an accurate decision on whether to buy it or not. In this case, the disadvantages that it presents are the following:
- It highlights the fact that to listen to music it is necessary to have paid apps. And it does not allow you to play songs that are stored either in the Cloud or on a hard drive or on your mobile phone.
- There are users who recriminate the one that can not be used if there is no Internet.
- They also consider that the fact that they always have to be connected to the electricity grid is a negative point.
Now that you have been able to get to know it more thoroughly, it is time for you to discover the final opinion about Amazon Echo. In this case, we can show that it is a state-of-the-art technological device that has become the most sold on Amazon because there are many advantages offered. Of course, you can get the best performance as long as you have payment music services, Internet connection and devices in the digital home that are compatible.
It has great sound quality and there are those who emphasize that it is a great alternative in any house with small children. Yes, because they can say aloud “call dad” or “call mom” when they need something and Alexa will quickly get in touch with adults.
Now you must decide what to do. Analyze all the information we have given you and act accordingly.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API