At the time of proceeding to shape your set of house tools, to perform all kinds of DIY work, you have to bet to get a sander, a saw an electric screwdriver and also an angle grinder. Yes, as you have read because the latter is a very versatile product and capable of making a long list of tasks.
In previous articles, we already recommend the best air compressors or the best drill for home. Now we are going to talk about the best grinders in the market and which one you should buy.
If you are interested in knowing this article in depth to know if you need to incorporate it into your toolbox, read on. Next, we will give you the information that will be essential to make the decision to buy it or not.
What is an angle grinder and what is it for?
The first thing we are going to do is to indicate that a grinder is a tool equipped with a motor and discs that can be used both at home and professional level. Its function is simply to carry out polishing, cutting and roughing tasks fundamentally. Three different tasks for which different discs will be required.
Tips for buying a grinder
If you are thinking that maybe you can be very useful to have an article of this type, it will be useful to know that, when buying it, you should look at several aspects. In particular, you must pay attention to a series of features or technical specifications that will allow you to find the one you need.
So, think about what you are going to use it for, and starting from that premise, bear these indications in mind:
- The type of angle grinder. In this case, you should know that there are three classes fundamentally: the laptop, which uses discs of more than 20 centimetres in diameter and that is very useful for cutting large pieces and even for polishing; the little grinder that has a disk of no more than 13 centimetres in diameter and that is the ideal one for tasks of DIY at home; and the after dinner. The latter is the largest, usually used by professionals and is as powerful as it is heavy.
- The task that you will perform and with what material, since based on that you will have to choose one type or another.
- The power, which will be crucial to guarantee a fast and efficient service.
- The sizes of the discs you need.
- Its weight and measures, so that it can offer you the greatest comfort when using it.
- In the same way, it is also advisable to pay special attention to the security systems that the grinder incorporates. This is the way you can have the peace of mind that you will use it without risk of causing any damage.
Likewise, in the same way, it is necessary to pay attention to the brand that supports it, its speed, the price it has and even the accessories with which it has been put on sale.
Comparison of the best angle grinders
After knowing all this information that we have given you, it is time for you to delve a little deeper. How? Knowing what are, according to users and experts, the best angle grinders in the sector at this time. This way, maybe you can find the one you need at home.
Ready to take note? Here are the most significant ones:
1. Bosch GWS 7-125 Angle grinder
- Flat gear head for convenient working, even in tight spaces
- Anti-rotation protective guard for a high level of user protection
- Powerful 720-watt motor and a weight of only 1.9 kg for continuous use
- Specially developed air inlets ensure optimum motor cooling for a longer lifetime
- Bosch safety switch ensures controlled switching-on of the machine - for greater user protection
A prestigious international firm such as Bosch comes to endorse this tool, which is available in the Amazon online store.
We can highlight that the diameter of your disk is 125 millimetres, that its power absorbed is 720 W and that the speed of rotation that has been granted is 11,000 revolutions per minute. Also, it is also interesting to emphasize its powerful cooling system, which includes a hood with a safety switch or weighs approximately 2 kilos.
Its measurements are 36.2 x 13.1 x 12.3 centimeters.
2. Black & Decker KG115 750 watt
- Powerful: A strong 750 W angle grinders for beginners for powerful Schruppen and bows, precise separate and thoroughly removing rust,
- Safe: Zero Voltage Switch Prevents a Unabsichtliches visor from the machine to a power cut
- User-friendly: Easy to use by large switch, easy accessory change thanks to spindle lock
- Working control: Soft turn-on, non-slip handle and a 2-position Extra hand strap for secure and effortless work
One of the most well-known international firms in the sector of DIY and tools is Black & Decker. Hence, this grinder already has the guarantee that it is endorsed by a brand that is synonymous with quality, strength and reliability.
That reason, as well as its price, is more than enough to consider buying it. However, it also contributes other relevant features such as its power of 750 W, its side handle that can be placed in three positions, its locking button or its antivibration grip.
It allows to change the disc of 115 millimetres of a diameter of fast way, weighs 2 kilos and his dimensions are of 13,8 x 12,5 x 32,5 centimetres.
3. Makita GA9050 Angle Grinder
- Large trigger switch for easy operation
- Removable side handle can be mounted on left or right side of tool
- Side grip can be installed on either side of the tool
- Double insulated
Its power of 2,000 W, its 6,600 revolutions per minute and double insulation are some of the most significant signs of identity of this grinder with which we will close the ranking. It is for sale for a price that is around 90 euros and its size is 43.2 x 25 x 13.2 centimetres.
It should also be emphasized that its head is very resistant, that it is protected against dust and grease and that its handle is non-slip. However, we must not forget either its disk 230 mm in diameter and the length of its cable is 2.5 meters.
So far our list with the best grinders in the market. Now is the time when you have to analyze all the information we have given you, including the ranking, to decide if you are going to buy one and to opt for the, yes, to be clear about which is the most suitable model for you.
Any of the products presented is a more than optimal alternative. However, look carefully at their characteristics to know which is the one that will offer you the best service and which is the one that best suits your pocket.
4. Bosch PWS 700-115
- 700 W Motor
- Auxiliary handle
- Spindle lock
- Burst wheel proof guard
The fourth position of the ranking is occupied by a Bosch angle grinder that can be purchased on Amazon. It reduces vibrations, is more ergonomic than other models and has a system that protects the motor from dust.
In the same way, we can not ignore its power of 701 W, its weight of 2.7 kilos and a size of 33.8 x 27.4 12.6 centimetres. Its speed is 11,000 revolutions per minute.
5. Einhell Expert TE-AG 115/600
- Metal gear housing
- Tool less disc guard adjustment
- Additional handle that can be mounted in three positions
- Slim line Design with soft grip
- Spindle lock for easy disc change
If you are looking for a cheap grinder, keep in mind that the one you have in front of you is a great alternative.
Its price is an undeniable attraction to acquire it, but also other features and benefits it has such as it is angular type, that its power is 600W or that includes an additional handle that can be placed in three different positions.
In the same way, it is not necessary to ignore that it is endowed with blockade of the axis, that weighs 2 kilos and that has a size of 32.5 x 13 x 12.5 centimetres. Its rotation speed is also 11,000 revolutions per minute.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API