No matter your purchase requirements for an electric rice cooker or the money you are willing to spend, we have done a thorough investigation that includes the best valued and most convenient items for your preferences with various prices.
The top products for electric rice cookers
We offer you a list of the best electric rice cookers, according to the in-depth analyses we have carried out thanks to our collaborators’ help. Some specialized web pages that contain complete test reports can also help you in choosing.
The best articles in our review for electric rice cookers can help you choose the best products in this section. You must review all the finalists in our analysis before deciding; many variables can help you choose what best suits your needs. If you allow us to advise you, we believe that the best way to decide on one of them is to compare them and read and rate other users and clients’ reviews.
Russell Hobbs 19750 Rice Cooker and Steamer
- Large 1.8 Litre capacity bowl with handy keep warm function- enough for cooking ten cups of rice
- Includes additional tray for steaming fish or vegetables
- Non-stick removable bowl
- Includes spatula and measuring cup
- Elegant and easy to clean stainless steel base with a glass lid
The well-known English brand Russell Hobs has successfully entered the rice cooker market, which is undoubtedly one of their best products. The model from Russell Hobs has a sophisticated and elegant design, with a body made of stainless steel and a glass lid that allows greater resistance and better heat retention.
With a power of 700 watts and a capacity of up to 1.8 litres, the Russel Hobs rice cooker is a two in one since it also includes a removable tray that allows you to steam food. It is also ideal for cooking rice for sushi, it also has the option of automatic shutdown, measuring cup, and heat maintenance.
- Steamer with brushed stainless steel housing and glass lid
- It has two removable accessories: a non-stick pan with a capacity of 1.8 l, and a tray for steaming
- Automatic keep-warm function and automatic shutdown
- Includes spatula and measuring cup
- 700-watt power
Reishunger Rice Cooker and Steamer
- PERFECTLY COOKED RICE – Our Reishunger rice cooker is best used with white and wholegrain rice - such as sushi rice, aromatic rice, jasmine...
- PRACTICAL KEEP-WARM FUNCTION – The rice cooker switches automatically into keep-warm mode as soon as the rice has cooked, ensuring deliciously...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – Cooks rice evenly and quickly for up to 6 people / Holds 1.2 litres / 500W / 220V / Dimensions: 9.6 x 9.6 x 9.8 inch /...
- NO BURNING – Rice doesn't burn thanks to the double non-stick coated inner pot with a honeycomb pattern. Replacement or additional pots can...
- SIMPLE TO USE - The Reishunger rice cooker, featuring a stylish design, is the perfect beginner rice cooker and is easy to clean, even though...
Reishunger is one of the most sophisticated on the market thanks to its multiple functions and advantages; And you can buy it cheap, which makes it one of the best options in terms of value for money.
To begin with, this pot is highly versatile since it allows you to perfectly cook different types of rice (sushi, traditional, or integral) as well as vegetables and greens, and all this without burns thanks to its double non-stick bottom. It has a capacity of 1.2 litres (approximately 6 portions of rice), and includes a basket, spatula and measuring cup.
Tristar RK Rice Cooker, Boil Dry Protection 1.5 Liter
It is a modern and reasonably practical rice cooker, ideal for those who prefer to cook quickly and easily. This rice cooker has a total capacity of 0.6 litres, so it is usually relatively easy to store and takes up very little space. Also, its price is quite cheap. Optionally, you can also include sushi set for a slightly higher price.
The rice cooker’s exterior is made of stainless steel, making it a solid and durable option. On the other hand, the interior is covered with a non-stick surface that facilitates both the cooking of the rice and the cleaning of the implement at the end. This model also has handles and a non-slip base that prevents spills and accidents.
Additional features include automatic shutdown, which will allow you to take care of other tasks without having to constantly keep an eye on the cooking process (you’ll never burn the rice again!), And keeping it warm once the cooking has finished.
- Stainless steel exterior with indicator lights and non-slip feet
- Capacity of 1.5 L and power of 400 W
- Removable inner bowl with non-stick coating
- Boil-dry protection and keep-warm function (70-75 ° C)
- Includes spoon, measuring device and spatula
Russell Hobbs 27040 Large Rice Cooker
- Serves up to 14 Servings of Cooked Rice - Making up to 14 Servings of Cooked Rice (up to 200 grams per serving) - it’s the perfect size to feed...
- Automatic Keep-Warm Function - Ideal for busy families sitting down to eat at different times, or for those that can’t resist returning for...
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - After cooking up a feast, the last thing you feel like doing is the washing up. That’s why the Large Rice Cooker has a...
- Steamer Basket, Measuring Cup and Spoon Included - Use the handy Measuring Cup to choose the exact amount of rice you want to cook. And once your...
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product online.
- Small design with a container for up to 14 servings of rice (up to 200g per serving)
- Removable bowl with non-stick coating for easy cleaning
- Automatic keep-warm function and indicator lights
- Tempered glass lid with integrated lid holder, to see the food while it cooks; includes steamer basket, measuring cup and spoon
- 500 watt power rice cooker with the steam outlet hole
Yum Asia Panda Mini Rice Cooker
- ADVANCED FUZZY LOGIC RICE COOKER TECHNOLOGY - digitally controlled 7 phased rice cooking technology with tailored useful add on options including...
- IDEAL FOR SMALL KITCHENS INDIVIDUALS OR COUPLES BY 'YUM ASIA' THE RICE COOKER EXPERTS - 3.5 cup capacity of uncooked rice (1-3 people), 0.63...
- PERFECT RICE AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON - White rice/long grain, short grain/sushi and brown rice settings with quick cook. 7 cooking phases ensure...
- HIGH QUALITY 5-LAYER 2MM THICK NINJA CERAMIC COATED INNER BOWL - durable, healthy with embedded rice levels. Includes instruction manual,...
- INCLUDING THE LATEST TECH - modern rice white crisp and bright LED display with Korean designed 'Smart Button' control panel and 3D surround...
- Intense rice aroma, perfect consistency and preparation that preserves its nutritional properties.
- For each type of rice, there is a suitable function thanks to its 7 special modes for preparing rice. In total, 12 different programs: white, brown, sushi rice, crispy, congee, turbo, quinoa, cereals, soup, steam and baking function
- Intuitive operation thanks to the simple guided menu and the modern well-lit display. Useful timer and keep warm function to enjoy delicious rice anytime you want
- High-quality inner pot with practical handles and double non-stick ceramic coating. 3D heat distribution system so that the rice cooks evenly and perfectly.
- High quality finish / Long durability / Easy to read LED display / Capacity for 0.6 L for up to 3 people / 350 W / 220 V / Measurements: 30 x 22.5 x 21 cm / Weight: 2.36 kg
What is a rice cooker?
A rice cooker is much more than its name suggests. With it, you can prepare from very simple recipes such as a rice flounder to stews with a full-bodied sauce.
This domestic appliance is still not very common in Brazilian homes, but it is gaining more followers for being versatile and practical in everyday life.
It is not from today that people have been looking for ways to save time in the kitchen without losing the taste of food. This is a great way to save more time at home.
That way, while the pan does everything for you, you can do other activities simultaneously. It is also an option for those who do not like to cook a lot but need to prepare their food or even that of their family.
Or even for those who do not have much skill in the kitchen. Just follow the recipes and measurements, and there is no way to lose the point of rice or other foods. And if you are the type of cook who burns food, surely it should be part of your routine.
When ready, these trays have an automatic shut-off system and often even switch to the warming function, ensuring that food stays warm until mealtime.
Now, if you love to cook and are already a cooking expert, many different recipes can be made in such versatile kitchen utensils.
And the models that come with the tray are even more advantageous. While cooking rice, you can use steam for cooking vegetables at the same time, for example.
Another important point is that it does not cause clutter in the kitchen, which is another way to save time. You don’t need to spoil various cutlery and pans.
A rice cooker is straightforward to clean. Just wipe the exterior with a damp cloth. The inner part is removable and also non-stick. This means that the food does not stick, and it is effortless to wash.
It can also be a key piece in preparing family meals for Sunday lunch, for example. Using it to cook rice frees up more space on the stove to prepare other foods.
And some of these containers can be brought directly to the table since the power cord can be undocked.
Another advantage of this product is that electricity consumption ends up being cheaper than gas.
One downside is that if food stays in heating mode for a long time, it can dry out.
Finally, another disadvantage is the case of a power outage. Obviously, the product will stop working as it depends on electricity, which can disrupt your food.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of a rice cooker in the table below:
- Easy to use and clean.
- Save time
- Do not burn food
- Easy to beat the rice
- You can cook other foods, even sweet recipes.
- Electricity consumption is less than gas.
- You can dry your food if it spends too long in the pan on the heating function.
- The blackout turns the appliance off during cooking.
All the containers mentioned in the above list have excellent performance in rice preparation. Some with more complex functions than others, as you can see.
To purchase the right rice cooker that meets your expectations and needs, there are a few factors to consider. In this way, you will not have unpleasant surprises in the day to day after the purchase.
Each individual has different opinions and needs. So we decided to make your choice easier by listing these factors in the following paragraphs to make this thought for yourself: “What is the perfect rice cooker for me?”
In summary, the criteria are as follows:
- Capacity and potential
- Cooking time
- Removable power cord
- Design and colour
- Glass lid
- Functions and identification panel
The capacity of this type of pan can vary greatly. Some cook only three cups, and others can cook up to 10.
The potentiality is directly related to the cooking capacity of the rice cooker. The 1.8-litre trays, which are equal to 10 cups of uncooked rice, have 700 watts of power.
Already 350 pans can cook about three cups at a time. In this case, you must reflect: do you want your pan for daily use? To use when receiving friends? How many people do you cook for?
These questions answer your need. If it is only for daily use by members of the household, a small pan will settle. If you think about how easy it is to hit the spot when you have friends and family, a bigger, more powerful model is worth investing in.
An electric rice cooker reduces the cooking time for rice on the stove by approximately 10 minutes. If in the traditional mode takes 30 minutes, most cookware will cook for up to 20 minutes, but this can vary depending on the pan’s brand and power.
Brands do not specify the cooking time because the rice and the type of rice also change this process.
The time saving is not in the cooking speed. It is related to the possibility of doing other activities while cooking the rice without controlling it.
Removable power cord
Pay attention to whether the device’s power cord is removable or not. Do you think this is important for your daily life?
It can be an interesting factor because detachable cables end up being more practical, since it is possible to carry your own cup on the table, without changing refractory to serve food. Besides being more practical, it ensures that the rice stays warm all the time.
Design and ease of cleaning.
The latest models are being developed to make the kitchen even more modern and charming.
Colours range from white, black, red, and silver. Exterior materials are usually plastic or steel, pay attention if this is important to you.
Many people like to keep all appliances on the same line. And stainless steel has been the trend in recent years.
Most pans have a simple, rounded design, and this greatly facilitates the external cleaning process. A damp cloth solves cleaning quickly. Not to mention, they have a removable, non-stick bowl that can be easily washed with mild detergent.
Pay attention to the inside of the lid, and some can be a bit more laborious to clean. For those looking for practicality, it can be an important detail. Remember that it is essential always to unplug the appliance to clean it.
Are you the type of person who likes to glance at food while you cook? So be sure to buy a rice cooker with a glass lid.
Opening the pan all the time can make cooking difficult and ruin your recipe. It needs to be closed, especially for the first 10 minutes, to keep the heat in the pan.
Many models have a cover made entirely of plastic, so take a look at the description if you prefer a glass cover.
Functions and identifier panel
Most models have two functions, cooking and heating. It is enough if you are looking for an electric rice cooker for basic recipes.
The panels of these simpler pans generally have two indicator lights for these functions, which show the stage of preparing the food.
While cooking, you should have this light which is usually red. When the rice is done, the rice cooker turns off, and the heating light turns on. Very simple to see.
There are also more complete models that offer more cooking functions. These pans are ideal for those who also like to prepare foods that require slower cooking, such as soups, as this is an added feature not often found in everyday models.
In this case, the panels are usually LED and have buttons to activate all these functions very conveniently through a menu.
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API