For successful home improvement, nothing should be overlooked. Outside and inside, perfection must be there. Your installations will thus succeed in providing you with the desired well-being. One of the most important elements, in line with an increasingly ecological era, is the development of green space in your home. The establishment of a garden, for ecological reasons, but also for reasons of conviviality and attractiveness, is more and more popular. And to enjoy it fully, the maintenance of it is of great importance. The grass trimmer is a very important garden maintenance item. To get all the possible benefits, you have to know its real usefulness, the capabilities it offers, and what the different types are. A perfect finish for your green space will depend on the efficient choice you make when purchasing this tool. To do this, find out everything about the grass trimmer.
The best grass trimmers on the market
If the previous section we consider that you may find it very useful to acquire the necessary model, we also hope that this is the case. Specifically, what we are going to do here is to let you know the best grass trimmers in the current market, which offer a better value for money, according to the features and technical specifications they have, as well as based on the opinions of users.
Keep reading and you will know which ones you may be interested in acquiring:
1. Bosch AFS 23-37 Trimmer
- The AFS 23-37 Grass Trimmer – for exceptional results when grass trimming
- Optimum balance for any user thanks to adjustable belt and handle
- Impressive cutting results thanks to powerful 950 W motor
- Easy to change between blade and cutting line for large or stubborn and overgrown areas
- Items included: Brushcutter blade – 1 piece, Extra-strong line 37 cm – 3 piece
A brushcutter with a good quality-price ratio. This is how to define this first electric model, which is endorsed by a recognized international firm and can be purchased at Amazon online store.
Of the same, we can emphasize his double system of cut, that has a power of 1000W and that owns strap for the shoulder, a disc of three ends and double thread of 3,5 millimetres. Also, do not overlook that weighs 5 kg and has a size of 92.6 x 24 x 6.3 centimetres.
Its design is ergonomic, the handle is soft and very versatile.
2. Trueshopping 43cc Petrol Grass Trimmer
- Twin line and 3 toothed cutting blade for more efficient lawn edge trimming and bush & weed clearing
- A Free ergonomic harness included, which spreads the load, improving comfort and efficiency
- A bike-style handlebar is included to prevent an uneven load being placed on the user's back
- key specs - 43cc. Power: 1.25KW / 1.7HP. Weight: 7.4kg, Certificate: CE, GS, EMC
- Please be aware these items are powerful and heavy. For ease of use please consider a lower CC or electric model
There will be those who prefer to buy one of the models of second-hand grass trimmer that exist in the market, but there will also be people who choose to spend more money but buy one of great potential like this that we are now presenting. It is available in the Amazon online store, it is petrol and has 43 cubic centimetres.
The fact that it has a higher price than the previous ones that we have presented is basically because it includes a series of features or elements that require it: a quick start with hardly any effort, a wraparound handle, an extendable bar and the Pure Motor Fire system, which It is responsible for reducing consumption by 30% and, moreover, it pollutes the environment to a lesser extent thanks to its CO2 control.
3. Einhell GC-BC 25 AS Trimmer
- High-grade and low-vibration two stroke engine
- Adjustable aluminium (bike) handle for easy/precise working
- Handle with all control elements
- Long handle made of aluminium tube for effortless working
- With split shaft for easy transport and space-saving storage
Professional Petrol. These are the two main qualities that stand out of this grass trimmer. It includes a two-stroke engine, is equipped with a useful antivibration system, weighs 10.5 kg, its electrical power is 1,250 watts and all that would have to add its dimensions of 108 x 29 x 28 centimetres.
It also emphasizes the fact that it provides great comfort when working, thanks to its ergonomic design since it can be adjusted even more to the needs of each moment because it incorporates a universal, adjustable and aluminium double handle.
4. Bosch AdvancedGrassCut 36 Cordless Grass Trimmer
- Dual-line cutting system for high, efficient cut Quality
- Low weight relieves strain on your arms during work
- Semi-automatic line feed for uninterrupted work
- Syneon chip – Intelligently controlled energy for every project
- Auxiliary handle adjustable in position and angle for comfortable trimming in any position
And the latest model is the Bosch Advanced GrassCut 36, a cordless grass trimmer so you can easily reach weeds and large areas of the lawn without limitations.
Its two-wire cutting system helps us obtain quality and efficient cuts.
It has a reduced weight so that it does not hit the effort in the arms; The semi-automatic advance of the thread is the one that allows you to work without any interruptions.
Its position and the angle of the additional handle are adjustable and it is used to cut and style in a comfortable way in your garden or workplace. Its longest anti-vibration grip is the one that allows you to adopt the most comfortable position of the hand depending on the complexion of the client.
5. Grass Trimmer Black-Decker GL8033
- High torque gear system gets the job done faster with an improved rate of cut,Wheel Edge Guide for perfect edging of lawns
- Mid mount motor for balance, comfort and control,Extra Heavy Duty Line for heavy duty weed cutting
- Note : This item does not includes cable
If you are looking for a cheap grass trimmer, this is perhaps the one you need, since it can be purchased now. It is endorsed by the recognized firm Black-Decker, it is electric and is especially indicated not only for borders, irregular terrains or low shrubs but also for places of difficult access.
We can emphasize its telescopic handle, its power of 800W or its approximate weight of 4 kg. Also, keep in mind that the width of your court is 33 centimetres, it has a soft grip and its dimensions are 14.2 x 12.8 x 29.5 centimetres.
6. Flymo Contour 650E Grass Trimmer
- Trim, shrub & lawn edge
- Feed mechanism: Double auto feed
- Cord diameter: 2.0 mm
- Length of cutting cord: 10 metres
- Cable Length: 10 metres
The list of the grass trimmer that best meets the price-quality ratio we will close with this seventh model, which has the peculiarity of being the cheapest of all those cited, it is on sale at Amazon.
What signs of identity stand out? Which is electric, which has a power of 650 watts, which reaches a weight of 3.4 kg and whose dimensions are 97.4 x 22.4 x 11.4 centimetres. These characteristics make it a great alternative to working in small gardens.
7. BU-KO – Long Reach Petrol Grass Trimmer
- BU-KO - 52cc 5 in 1 Multi Tool With Extension Pole, Extends to 3.4m, Easy To Assemble, lightweight
- High Performance, Heavy Duty Powerful 3HP, Use 2 Stroke Oil, Mix 25/1 to keep the Engine Lubricated, Vertical Single-Cylinder; Power Supply: 2.2...
- FREE Toolkit, PPE Protection & Harness Included
- 12 Month Warranty & Instructions Included
- Please read the Description Below for specification on each of the attachments
BU-KO is the signature that supports this other grass trimmer that is among the most expensive in our ranking. This is because it has relevant features such as three-point blade, solid 9-millimetre steel shaft, metal handle or anti-vibration system.
Works with petrol is ideal for cutting and clearing grass and shrubs, includes padded harness and is high performance. It has a powerful engine, has an easy starting system, Bosch spark plug and a weight of approximately 10 kg. Its size is 190 x 54 x 76 centimeters.
What is grass trimmer?
The grass trimmer promotes good finish gardeners work. It is very essential and recommended for better maintenance of your garden, especially since it has access to places inaccessible to your lawn mower. The edge cutter allows you to mow your lawn better. Indeed, it allows to properly regularize the contours of your trees, edges of terraces, around hedges. Furthermore, a grass trimmer is very practical for loosening brushy lawns and even on slopes.
On small surfaces, its effectiveness is still incomparable. To come to the end of a ground covered with stones or having bumps and slopes is not at all an ease. But, the edge trimmer, nothing can resist it. With this tool, your cuts will be well cared for and pleasant to the eye. Also, note that models such as those available on rotofil.fr have the ability to rotate to properly adjust your hedges. Lightweight, easy to handle and therefore less exhausting, the border cutters are the ideal solution for a job well done gardener.
Advantages of having grass trimmer
With the purchase of a grass trimmer, they come with a few advantages. They all make it a better choice than any traditional lawnmower, however powerful it may be. Here are some of them:
Easy to use
The grass trimmer is very intuitive. Hence it is so easy to use by people without much experience when it comes to mowing lawns.
Part of that ease also has to do with the fact that it is much more flexible than cutters, to the point that you can use it on edges that are inaccessible for these others.
The grass trimmer, even the simplest ones, have a lot of cutting power. There are models that work with more than 1500 watts.
With that ability, the team is able to cut long, woody brush and stems without feeling like you’re trying hard.
Even wire meshes are not a problem for these tools. If anyone crosses your path, it will soon be reduced to nothing, without damaging the device in the least.
Retrench of space
These are devices that take up very little space, especially compared to traditional cutters.
You can store yours in any shed or garage without having to move other equipment. Some are even foldable
Different types of grass trimmers?
We talked about the two main types of grass trimmer, without going into details. What you should know about these types would be that they have great specifics.
The electric grass trimmer is, again, fairly light. The wire one is the lightest of the two types of electric edgers. It has an average weight of between 1.6 and 3.5 kg. The one with a battery is a little lighter with an increase of 500 g or at most 1 kg, representing the weight of the battery. The voltage of the battery used defines the autonomy of the cutting device. Generally, there is a charging time between 45 min and 3 h for autonomy between 30 min and 1 h. It also depends on the model of the device and the power deployed. To take full advantage of your battery-powered device, also take the area into account. Below 400 m², opt for an 18 V battery model. Beyond this surface, it is ideal to opt for the 36 V model.
The specifics of a petrol grass trimmer already reside in the fact that they are much more powerful. The powers are of the order of 1 kW. However, in addition to this greater power, there is a better cutting width. It goes without saying, of course. The balance must be respected. So you have cutting widths between 250 and 450 mm on average. It is also more robust, offers more manoeuvrability and necessarily better autonomy. It is not trivial that it is recommended for larger areas. You can meet two types of engine: 2-stroke engines and 4-stroke engines. The 4-stroke ones offer better performance than the 2-stroke ones. They are more or less akin to grass trimmers or grass trimmers. They are also more ecological but are heavier.
Parts of the grass trimmers
Now we will briefly analyze each of the parts of the grass trimmer:
The engine is similar to that of a chainsaw. A two-stroke engine that is attached to the cutting body with a clutch. It has a rigid bar that has adjustable handles at mid-height and many of them have protectors on them (especially when their use is crushing). The engine is exceptionally four-stroke.
The clutch is a circular centrifugal type with counterweights and is mounted on a crankshaft drive start guide. It rotates at the same time as we speed up the machine. The counterweights promote the movement of the springs and centrifugally move externally towards the drum. This movement causes the cutting organ that we have in the machine to operate.
Tool holder tube: the tool holder tube is usually made of an aluminium alloy and is located on a different side depending on the engine, on the other side it has the drive shaft.
Gearbox: it consists of two pinions with an angle of 120 degrees to each other and this part has a lubricator on most machines. They should be periodically greased with good quality grease. There are also bearings that are currently maintenance free and no lubrication is necessary.
Cutting tools: there are several models of thread depending on the type of grass we are cutting. One of the fundamental and most widely used is the mowing head with nylon thread, this type of head is different from the other cutting tools:
- Cutting head with nylon thread
- Blade or disc with 3 or 4 teeth
- Disc or blade for grass
- “Maxi” circular sawtooth disc
Hook harness: it rests on shoulders, chest and back to better distribute the weight of the grass trimmer.
Security guard: armour attached to the gearbox. Protects against possible cuts or falls.
What to take into account when choosing grass trimmer?
If you are thinking about tidying up your garden and getting it to look flawless this season, you may be aware that one of the best alternatives at your fingertips is to buy grass trimmer. And you are right. However, it is important that when purchasing the right model you take into account a series of relevant factors in this regard:
- There are two fundamental types of this type of tool: the electric one, which is more economical and consumes less while being more comfortable, and the petrol one. This, in turn, is identified not only by offering greater autonomy but also greater power.
- In the same way, once you opt for one class or another, you will have to choose again since both have varieties in turn. In particular, the electric can be hand or foot, which can be used with a harness, and gasoline are divided into a two-stroke engine and a four-stroke engine. The latter, without a doubt, is the most powerful, quietest and most professional model.
- Of course, before choosing it is also necessary to take into account the size of the garden where it will be used because the selected one will perfectly fit to provide a complete service in it. And it is not the same to work in a green area of 40 square meters than in another of 300 square meters.
- Needless to say, it is essential to choose trimmers that have the power enough to cope with the required tasks depending on the type of vegetation that is going to work.
- It is important to take it and make movements with it in order to know if its weight and its design is light and easy to use or not.
In addition to all these aspects, it is also recommended to take into account other factors such as displacement, type of start and even the set of accessories that include and that may allow other functions to be performed much easier and faster.
Now, you only have to decide which is the best grass trimmer to buy. Do you have it clear?
How to use grass trimmer?
Using an electric trimmer requires a combination of behaviours and attitudes. As with all other types, this means, first of all, wearing the appropriate equipment, i.e. gloves, closed shoes, glasses, etc. Before handling the trimmer, make sure it is unplugged and turned off. The extension cable used as a power source must be insulated and installed in a dry place.
Before starting to use the electric trimmer, make sure that there is no one in your field of action. It is also important to check that there are no obstacles in the vicinity. The edger must be held firmly during use. Above all, avoid placing the cutting head at knee level. You must also bring the tool up to the grass to be cut. When trimming plants around trees and the like, don’t forget to place a protective cover.
It is also good to know that the blades of the electric edge cutters continue to rotate a few moments after stopping. Leave the machine in the grass until it is completely turned off. After each use of the edger, the spool and the casing must be cleaned. Avoid contact with the engine at all costs, as it is often hot.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API