The induction hobs are present in almost all homes where there is no gas supply.
Using induction hobs correctly is essential to be able to get the most out of them and to last longer in your kitchen since they are prone to damage in a short period of time; Unlike gas hobs, which are more durable, induction hobs come in different types, depending on their brand and price, so they will give you a few different features, depending on which one you choose. Not sure which one to choose? Do not worry! Keep reading that, shortly, we will answer the question of How to choose induction hobs correctly?
To choose an induction hob correctly, you will have to consider several important factors, since, thanks to these elements, your induction hobs will work in one way or another, which can benefit the way you cook, increasing the speed of coercion or expanding the capacity of space you will have to add more food within it.
Top 10 induction hobs
- Tefal's versatile high quality, portable ceramic hob with multi-cooking functions(User Manual- PDF can be found attached under Product Description)
- Black ceramic plate: durable, scratch-proof, heat-proof and easy to clean. Suitable for pots and pans with base size 12cm-25cm.It works with pots made of iron (cast iron, stainless steel or enamel)...
- 2 hours integrated timer with LED display control panel. Clean the ceramic plate using a damp soft cloth
- 6 pre-set cooking functions (Manual, Heat Milk, Stew, Stir Fry, Deep Fry, Boil Water) and 9 power levels: from 450W to 2100W
- 【Potable and Stylish Design】Black polished crystal glass of induction cooker is attractive and stylish,being suitable for diverse styles of kitchen decoration.With sensitive large touch buttons,...
- 【Interchange between Temperature and Power Settings】With 3 hours timer,10 power settings between 300W to 2000W,10 temperature settings from 60 ℃ to 240 ℃,AMZCHEF induction hotplate meets all...
- 【Efficient and Convenient 】You can quickly choose your desired power from 300 W to 2000 W,which meets your various cooking needs.Meanwhile ,this induction plate hob with 2000 W high power, fast...
- 【Safety Features】 Enjoy worry-free cooking with features such as child safety lock function(press lock Key into lock system；press and hold the lock Key 3 sec to unlock) to ensures absolute safe...
- BLACK SCHOTT GLASS HOB - This stylish, Schott glass induction hob is designed to fit seamlessly into your kitchen whilst making a statement. Durable, sustainable and high quality, it's made to last.
- 4 COOKING ZONES - Featuring 4 cooking zones, this indution hob delivers responsive power for all your cooking needs. The front and centre touch controls ensure simple, reliable operation.
- CONSTANT POWER INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY - The intuitive induction technology heats up almost instantaneously - just turn the hob on, place a pan down and get cooking.
- INTELLIGENT SAFETY FEATURES - For peace of mind, this model has a child lock feature and auto safety cut off, making it ideal for use in modern family homes. There's also a residual heat indicator to...
- 【Fashion Look and Easy to Store】 With silver edge and black polished crystal glass surface, the AMZCHEF portable induction hob would fit your kitchen decoration as well as catch your eye easily....
- 【Prepare Two Dishes Together At Ease】Equipped with two independent heating zones,the double induction cooker allows you to set each one separately or use them together to shorten cooking time.Let...
- 🥣【Two Cooking Modes】Power Mode and Temperature Mode.The induction hot plate features 10 temperature levels, 9 power levels for left hob and 5 power levels for right hob.You could choose the...
- 【Timer and Safety System】Come with a countdown digital timer. Set the time from 1 minutes to 3 hours. The electric hob with two rings also features some merits such as a safety Lock, high...
- Best Selling Induction Hob on Amazon
- Touch controls, making the controls easier and more responsive
- Hob Zone Timer - Helps you stay in control when cooking
- Induction Technology: Heats and Cool almost instantly
- LED timer for each zone with switch off function and acoustic signal
- Childproof lock
- Can be plugged in
- 4 zone Induction hob
- VERSITILE COOKING - This Daewoo single induction hob allows you to cook in a variety of different ways - you can either warm, steam or even fry your food
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE SETTINGS - With its adjustable temperature settings and controls, This single induction hob is ideal for making a huge variety of meals in any home kitchen
- SAFE AUTOMATIC SHUT OFF - This single induction hob allows you to save energy and stay safe with its automatic switch off feature if left unused for 2 hours
- OVERHEAT PROTECTION - This single induction hob has overheat protection built into it, which both preserves it and makes usage safe
- 【9 Power Levels】 9 power level settings, it has a heating level from small fire to fast boiling, accurate and easy temperature changes at the touch of a button, boil, stew, fry, stir fry, switch...
- 【Intelligent Timer & Touch Control】 You can set the timer for up to 99 minutes ( If the setting time exceeds 99 minutes, the timer will automatically return to 0 minute.) , Never worries for...
- 【Multiple Protections】 High safety performance, it can be used directly when connected to electricity, no worry about gas leakage. Our electric hob has some great protection features to ensure...
- 【High Energy Efficiency 】 With an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking...
- 【5 Zone Induction Plate With Upgraded Version Booster Function】Top Left: 1800W BOOSTER:2000W, Top Right: 1200W BOOSTER:1500W, Middle:2000W BOOSTER:2200W, Down Left: 1200W BOOSTER:1500W, Down...
- 【9-level power and 99 minute timer】Each hob has 9 heating levels, a timer of 0 to 99 minutes for each area, so you can better control the cooking temperature.
- 【Touch Control + Independent Control】By simply touching the buttons on the control panel, you can activate the functions. For iron, stainless steel and alloy pans.
- 【Safety Function】Overheat protection + child safety + H overheating reminder + cooking battery not detected, automatic shutdown function. Ideal for home and kitchen, or restaurant.
- 【Various Zones and Power】- The cooktop provides two different heating power identified by the size of zones, which are 1500W and 1200W. The 4 zones can work independently by touch control. It...
- 【Power level and Boost Function】- The power of each zone is divided into 9 levels that can be adjusted by Touchslider key. When activing the boost function, the power will exceed the highest level...
- 【Sensor Monitoring Function】- When an excessive temperature is monitored, it will stop heating automatically. If some small size item(such as key or fork) has been left on the hob while cooking,...
- 【Energy Saving and Safety Protection】- It has auto shutdown and timing function that are very intelligent to make cooking more convenient and enjoyable for family. To prevent accidental use, it is...
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising
Advantages of induction hobs
Induction hobs special heat cookware using an electromagnetic field. This means that its power is more significant but that the glass barely heats up, so if any liquid is spilt, it does not burn, it does not stick, and subsequent cleaning is much easier.
Based on the above, when heated through the electromagnetic field, induction hobs are safer, and we cannot get burned if we put our hand on them. It is also impossible for the cloth you use to grab the pot, so the risk of fire is reduced. Thanks to easy handling and diversity in setting, powers are avoided that burn s annoying moments when frying chips oil, which can cause burns to the cook and those around him.
Cooking can be much easier thanks to an induction hob and the timers or screens that many offer to speed up and favour the cooking process. In addition, by not using gas, they are also safer and not so delicate in the event of a possible leak due to failure or simply due to confusion.
In summary, the advantages of induction hobs are:
- They take less time to heat up.
- Use less energy.
- They are safer, as they only heat the container while the glass remains cold.
- Easier to clean.
- They are programmable.
Although the outlay may be higher, and you can only cook with special ferromagnetic utensils to which heat is induced. In the long run, it is the most economical and beneficial option for you and your kitchen since you can save from 30% to 40% energy, being also the most sustainable option.
What should I consider before buying an induction hob?
To get a better understanding of this, we will present it to you in more detail below.
To choose one of the most suitable induction hobs for you, you must know the power they have, since, from here, you will determine the quality of temperature and operation that they will have.
Some induction hobs; Especially the cheapest ones, are usually small, and they do not have the necessary power to heat a wide variety of foods.
On the other hand, the most powerful induction hobs will heat any food or liquid you place without any problem.
The dimensions are essential in induction hobs, since if we follow the previous point, if the induction hobs are large, they may be more powerful, so they will have a greater capacity to cook the food you want.
Although the size is not necessarily related to the power and the price, in some cases, it does influence, since the larger the size, the higher the temperature capacity, allowing it to heat your dishes in a short time.
Some of the most modern induction hobs boil water in just a few minutes (between 5 to 10 minutes), something incredibly fast.
Space is on par with the dimensions of the induction hobs. If it has good size, you can add more dishes, pans, etc., so the preparation capacity will be greater.
This generally adds more value to induction hobs, causing them to cost more. However, other factors such as power and dimensions are also included.
Some induction hobs are more modern than others, so the more technology, the higher the price.
Not all induction hobs are the same, so if you are buying one, you should be careful about what type of induction hobs you will buy.
There are some that are basic, very basic, where they only have a small burner or stove in the upper part of the housing, these are simple, you just have to connect it to an electrical network and turn it on, and that’s it.
However, these induction hobs do not have enough power to heat large pans, so keep that in mind.
On the other hand, the temperature level will be very minimal, so do not expect it to heat as much as you think it can, for this, you will need larger induction hobs.
However, these modern induction hobs are more fragile than basic induction hobs. They are usually made of glass and tactile buttons, so they deserve a certain delicacy in this handling.
To better understand this, let’s remember a basic but essential point about induction hobs and how they work.
How do induction hobs work?
The induction hobs, operating with a plate which is heated; Thanks to the resistances that it has inside, later, the temperature must be regulated to reach the intensity necessary to cook, even, once the food is cooked, you can keep the level low so that they do not get cold or heat up even more.
All this is thanks to an internal thermostat that induction hobs have, allowing you to control it to your liking.
The vast majority of these induction hobs have a non-stick surface, preventing food from sticking or sliding on the hob, thus preventing food from remaining inside them.
Even so, this does not mean that you should not clean them. You should clean them frequently, especially when you cook foods like fish meat, those that give off fat.
How difficult is it to clean an induction hob?
The induction hobs are easy to clean, especially if they are small since they will need less handling to deal with their components, the larger or modern ones are more complicated to clean since you will have to detach them from the base area to be able to clean them.
Induction hob accessories
Induction hobs generally come with their own accessories; Depending on their type and brand, some of these accessories have a glass lid to cover it entirely and to better heat food.
Another accessory that they can bring with them is a mini oven, where you can cook with the food that needs to be baked.
Whatever the model of the induction hob, there will be no impediment to being able to cook perfectly in one of these appliances.
The induction hobs are very good; But everything will depend on the model and brand you want to choose, since not all will be the same and will not have the same power capacity, try to choose the one that best suits you and your budget.
Try to be smart with your choice and choose the one you consider to be the best for you.