If you are looking to replace one of the most used household appliances in the house, below we will show you a comparison of the best microwave ovens that you can find in the market today. Read our article carefully before choosing one or the other model.
A years ago, in most United Kingdom homes, there were no microwaves, which meant that warming up the milk for coffee, as well as any dish of food, had to be done using the oven in the kitchen or the ceramic hob. However, now that is almost unthinkable. And there is no home in which there is no such appliance, which is not only much cleaner but also offers greater convenience and speed to undertake this task.
For that reason, the market is full of inexpensive microwave models, integrable microwaves, microwave ovens or built-in microwaves for example. Therefore, it is necessary to be very clear about what features you need to have when buying one.
Microwave buying guide
According to the organization of consumers and users and the experts in household appliances, the criteria that must be taken into account when buying an online microwave, a microwave in Carrefour or in any other establishment are the following:
- Where will it be placed? This is a fundamental aspect in which it is necessary to be fixed since of him it will depend on if to choose one build-in of which they are integrated into the furniture of the kitchen, or one independent. To save room you can opt for a microwave oven that does both functions.
- Power. Just like when you are going to buy other small appliances, such as steamers or electric radiators, you also have to look at the power it offers. The advisable thing is that it has between 700 W and 1000 W.
- Size. Of course, we must also take into account the number of people who live in the house in which they will be incorporated.
- With grill? It is essential to know what use is going to be given to you and if you are going to use the grill option, which allows you to brown or granulated food, you must acquire a model that presents that service.
- Recessed or free? You have to value well if you are going to fit the mic in a space enabled for it in your kitchen, either next to the refrigerator or above the microwave. They are usually common places as long as you have room for it. In case you do not have a place prepared for it, you will probably place it on the kitchen countertop.
With this guide, anyone can have more clear which will buy. However, we can not ignore that, in the same way, it will be useful to consult our list of recommended cheap microwaves. It is a ranking, which we have below, in which both the features of the different models on the market, as well as their price and quality have been taken into account.
1. Russell Hobbs RHM2362S 23L Microwave
- The Russell Hobbs RHM2362S microwave has a sleek design, boasting a mirror door finish
- Spacious 23 L cavity capacity, comfortably fitting a standard size dinner plate. It comes with a removable and dishwasher safe glass turn-table...
- Pre-programmed auto cook menus allow you to cook at the push of a button. The automatic defrost settings mean you only have to input the weight...
- Additional features include a digital clock, count-down timer and child safety lock option, preventing young children from being able to open the...
- 800 W of microwave power for quick and convenient cooking
A great consideration also has in the market this other model, which is endorsed by the company Russell Hobbs. It is true that it has a somewhat high price, which maintains a certain distance with the one that occupies the first place in the ranking, but that is because it has more numerous and specific features:
- It is equipped with a grill.
- Includes security lock.
- Its capacity is 23 litres.
- Ensures power 900 W.
- Its weight is 13 kg and its size is 48.5 x 41.3 x 29.5 centimetres.
- It has the particularity of having one of the largest interior cavities among current microwaves, as its turntable reaches the size of 31.5 centimetres.
- Your display is digital.
- 5 power levels.
2. Lowry LMM1725 Basic Microwave microwave
- With a compact and stylish design this 17 litre capacity microwave is perfect for your kitchen.
- 700W of microwave power for all your cooking and defrosting needs
- 5 microwave power levels and a defrost setting to tailor your cooking experience
- Large, simple to use controls
- Easy to use 30 minute timer, simply select the time and start cooking
If you are looking for a cheap and simple microwave, the one that we present to you may be suitable. It belongs to Lowry, is 700 W and has an enamelled cavity with a capacity of 17 litres.
To all this, we must add that it includes mechanical rotating controls, five power levels, a timer and automatic defrosting mode. Characteristics to which we should also add that it warns when the cooking ends weigh about 11 kg and is made of lacquered steel. 50 x 35 x 29 centimetres are the dimensions of this microwave.
3. LG 32L Microwave
- Kitchen, heats evenly and defrost
- Additional functions: Clock, Child Lock, quick start, more/less
- Microwave power: 1200 W, 1000 W Grill, 5 power levels
- Capacity: 32 L
- System I-WAVE
If you are looking for a powerful microwave, with a grill and backed by a trusted firm, keep this other model in mind.
It has a capacity of 32 litres and several types of power depending on how you want to use it. Thus, the microwave operates at 1,200 W, the grill at 1,000 W and the Micro + Grill option reaches 1,500 W.
It includes automatic menus, it is easily cleaned and includes smart inverter technology that heats, cooks and defrosts. To all that we must add that it is very fast because it allows cooking, saving up to 17% of energy.
11 kilos is the weight of this article, which has dimensions of 45.8 x 55.4 x 30.8 centimetres.
4. Siemens HF15M552 800W Microwave
One of the most expensive microwaves that we have decided to include in the ranking is this, which is endorsed by the renowned German firm Siemens because it costs a higher price than the rest on Amazon. It is clear that it is not within reach of all pockets and that not all families can afford that expense to have such an appliance, but who can do it will be making a great investment.
And is that this model is presented with some really interesting signs of identity:
- Power of 800 W for the microwave and 1000 for the grill.
- Cooking memory.
- The capacity of 17 litres.
- 8 recipes in autoCook.
- Programmable electronic clock.
- Stainless steel interior, which is easy to clean and elegant.
- Size of 32 x 46 x 28 centimeters.
- Weight of 16 kilos.
5. Sharp YC-MG02U-S 20L 800W Microwave
- Microwave – this 800W microwave has a 20L capacity and comes complete with 8 Automatic Programmes and 11 levels of power
- Capacity – with a 20 litre capacity, It can easily hold a standard sized dinner plate and it comes with a 255mm Removable glass turntable that...
- Cooking – Features 8 cooking programmes: popcorn, jacket potato, pizza, frozen vegetables, reheat drinks, dinner plate Plus time and weight...
- Features – 1000W grill with grill only, grill & Microwave or microwave only setting. Full touch control electric panel, digital clock & kitchen...
- Design – modern handless design in a sleek Silver finish, complimented by a black door window & control panel with a blue digital LED display....
In the fifth position of our list is this microwave, which is identified by offering a great relationship between its economic price, and what are the benefits it provides. It comes to be a simple model with 800 W of power, a capacity of 20 litres, 13 kg of weight and dimensions of 32 x 44.5 x 25 centimetres. To all that you should add your signal at the end of cooking or its corresponding defrosting program.
6. Daewoo KOR9GPBR Digital Microwave
- 900 W Power Output: Delivers quick and efficient cooking results
- 26 Litre Capacity: Ideal for family cooking
- 10 Power Levels: Offer temperatures to suit a variety of foods, including a defrost function
- Five Auto Cook Menus: Automatically let you quickly heat vegetables, rice, pasta and pizza
- Four One-Touch Cook Programs: Ideal for cooking meat, chicken, fish and bread
Within the set of this type of household appliances that we are addressing, this is among the most recommended by users. What is the cause of that? To features such as these: Economic price, because it can be obtained in online stores like Amazon for an attractive price.
- The capacity of 26 litres
- Power 900W
- Touch control
- 108 power levels
- Weight of 11.5 kilos
- Dimensions of 36.8 x 46.9 x 28.8 centimeters
- It has a lock for children
7. Samsung MG23K3575AW Microwave
- Heat Wave grill - prepare perfectly grilled food
- Quick defrost - reduce your defrosting time without losing the original texture and flavour of ingredients
- Triple distribution system - Enjoy consistently even, thorough cooking thanks to three heat distribution points to ensure there are no cold spots
- Grill +30secs - achieves the ideal texture and colour for your food, so it looks and tastes delicious
- Ceramic enamel Interior - it's exceptionally smooth antibacterial surface makes it easy to clean. It is also highly dust and scratch resistant so...
If you want a microwave without a grill this may be the right one. It belongs to the prestigious company Samsung, has 1250W and has a capacity of 23 litres. Its interior is ceramic, which facilitates cleaning, and is presented in mirror steel, thus achieving a really attractive and modern design.
Six power levels are those presented by this microwave, which has a control panel with touch buttons. Self-cooking function and locking system for children are other peculiarities of this appliance, which weighs 11 kg and its size is 55 x 43 x 33 centimetres.
8. Toshiba Oven ML-EM23P(SS) 23L
- 【Microwave Oven Best Buy】Tested by Which?, Toshiba get a high test score of 81% and the Best Buy recommandation. Toshiba microwave oven will...
- 【Express cook】With 800W of microwave power, you can start instant cooking by simply selecting cooking time from 30 seconds to 6 min. Skip the...
- 【Defrost by weight/time】23L capacity (31.4 x 34.7 x22.1cm (w x d x h)) along with defrost by time/weight setting, kitchen timer, clock and...
- 【Low-Noise Operation】Featured with a 5 blade fan, 50dB quiet operation could protect you from noise disturbance
- 【Safety Guarantee】The child lock function prevents children or other unintended users from operating the microwave. 1 year manufacturer...
Those who are currently looking for a microwave that has some benefits more interesting than the basic of other models, but does not exceed too much in the price, have what they are looking for in this.
It costs a reasonable price and is identified by a few technical properties to take into account such as a power of 800W, the capacity of 23 litres, digital control and functions such as the grill and defrost.
Its list of characteristics is completed with a weight of 15 kg and dimensions of 48.5 x 39.7 x 29.3 cm centimetres.
9. Panasonic NN-SD27HSBPQ Solo Inverter
- Inverter Technology - allows food to cook evenly for more consistent results
- 23 Litre capacity - can fit up to 2 kg of food
- 1000 W inverter power - with 10 one touch programming for easy cooking
- Interior : Acrylic grey
Its capacity of 23 litres, compared to most of the exposed that have 20 litres, or its power of 1000W could make us think that we are facing a Bosch microwave too simple or even unnecessary in this list, but nothing is further from reality. If we have included it in the same is not only because it offers good value for money but also because it has received great criticism among its users. And it is that these, despite these two benefits, have valued others that are especially useful and interesting:
- Integrated clock
- Grill option.
- Cooking function.
- A sixty-minute timer that turns off automatically.
- It performs its functions very silently.
- Elegant and modern finish.
To all that we would have to add its price, its weight of 9.5 kg and a size of 27 x 48 x 39 centimetres.
10. Swan SM22030BN Retro
In order to close the ranking of the best microwaves, we are going to show you this model, which is one of the best sellers in Amazon.
It has a capacity of 20 litres, is presented with automatic programs, and has also defrost setting, which is a very useful application for cooking that can be used from the phone or from the tablet.
A glass turntable of 27 centimetres in diameter is the one with this appliance, which has a power of 800 W and which allows defrosting and blocking for the safety of children, in addition.
45 x 25.6 x 29.7 centimetres are the dimensions of this microwave, which weighs 10.8 kilos and which is silver.
With this list of the best microwave ovens, sit down, follow the advice on what criteria to take into account to buy a microwave and then with that already chosen bet on one of the models that we have presented. So, rest assured that you will be happy with your purchase.
Buy cheap microwaves in local stores
If you want to buy an economical microwave oven, you can see the options you’ll find in large white label surfaces. If you enter and search microwave you will see that there are many cheap models, although it is true that this type of household appliance is the most used in the house and in the end the cheap is expensive. In this sense, we always recommend a quality model contrasted with guarantees.
If you are furnishing your kitchen and want to know other comparatives, look for example what are the cheapest washing machines that we like or the best dishwashers.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API