When the summer holidays arrive, there are those who choose to go to the beach, who prefer to discover an exotic corner of the planet, those who leave for the town and then there are those who choose to go camping in their camping tent. The latter, in addition to the corresponding store, will need to have in their possession a necessary and useful article. We are referring to the camping lantern.
And that device is going to allow them to have light when night falls. It will be responsible for allowing them to dine or have an evening with the necessary lighting and even go into the surroundings too, for example, relieve themselves.
If you are going to go camping and you still do not have that bluff, keep reading. Next, we will give you the necessary information on the tips to take into account to acquire one and even on which are the best models of the market.
Recommendations for buying a camping lamp
In any store, you will come across a wide variety of lanterns like the one that concerns us. For that reason, it is necessary that you know what are the characteristics in which you should look to buy the one you need. Based on those you can discard many models and focus on those that fit what you want.
You must pay attention to these criteria:
- Autonomy. Undoubtedly, this is one of the aspects that you must pay more attention to. And you have to choose a bluff that can allow you to enjoy the lighting for as long as possible.
- The system of operation, which can be of two types fundamentally: with batteries or with battery. This second option usually guarantees a more durable autonomy while being more economical. Of course, the batteries have in their favour that does not require a hand-held charger to operate.
- The power, which will depend on the beam of light that the camping lamp can offer. Therefore, we must opt for a model that provides the greatest possible, in order to see perfectly at night and in adverse weather conditions.
- The weight and the dimensions are, similarly, characteristics to which we must pay a great deal of attention. And it depends on them that you can bring a lantern comfortably to the campsite. That is to say, it is necessary to opt for one as light as possible and with compact measures. Thus, it will not be complicated or heavy to transport it.
The brand to which it belongs, the accessories that it can include, such as flashlights or compass, and even the pricethat it possesses are other of the particularities to which you must pay attention. Only in this way can you find the lantern model you need to enjoy a camping trip.
Comparison of the best camping lanterns
Once you can already be clear about the aspects in which you must set yourself to undertake the acquisition of this device, you have to know which are the best camping lanterns in the current market. In this way, you will have the assurance that if you buy one of those you will be betting on one with a good value for money, according to the opinions of the users and also of the experts. Ready to take note? Here you have them:
1.Volugreum Rechargeable Camping Lantern
- Compact Little & Bright & Built-in Magnetic : It is built-in 16pcs LED and has 4W output, it can illuminate the entire tent or room. It's small, portable, not occupying place, perfect for camping, the car, anywhere a light is needed. It's built-in magnetic that helps to dsorb on the led on iron things indoor such as fridge. When you are do car repair or outdoor camping, you can adsorb it on the car to help lighting. It helps free your hands when you are doing something in the dark.
- Power Bank : No charge Battery, built-in 5200mAh rechargeable battery (including MicroUSB cable), it can carry with you. The power is durable and lasting, charge a power once can be used for a long time. Use a USB charging port (5V 2A) to power as a smartphone, mobile device, IPAD, PSP, MP3/MP4 or Pocket PC in an emergency. Great for camping or to have in your car or home in case of an outage. The power bank feature is great when you're not near an electrical outlet.
- UL Certification Batteries : Using battery cell from famous factory ZhuoNeng New Energy, the batteries are through UL certification. The shell adopts fireproof material, the refractory material is up to 94-V0 (maximum fire rating). It's built-in intelligent IC, and it helps automatically identify the charging device and assign the most appropriate current. It has short circuit protection, overcurrent protection and other multiple intelligent protection, that so easy to use and safe reliable.
- Five Modes & Long Standby Time : It includes 2 SOS modes and 3 lighting modes. It can be used as a spotlight and a lantern. It's multi-functional and applicable to different occasions. It's not only in camping outdoors as emergency lights or warning lights, but also do home and night light use. LED working hours last around 80 hours in the low modes. A row of blue lights when charging will show the battery charge so that you can charge the battery in time.
- IP65 Waterproof & Warranty : Product sealing is perfect. Suitable for camping, work, fishing, outdoor activities, power outages and emergency lighting. Please note that the camping light can not be used IN the water. We suport lifelong technical service and 1 year warranty. Our products passed CE RoHS and FCC certification so security performance is guaranteed.
The first of the proposals for camping lanterns is the one in front of you, backed by the Viugreum brand. It is specially designed for those who camp, go fishing or even go hiking.
It has five light modes (strong, medium, weak, SOS and strobe), incorporates a rechargeable battery of 5,200 mAh, is resistant to water and shock and has several security systems, such as those that prevent overloads and short circuits. It weighs about 190 grams and its size is 8.4 x 8.4 x 7 centimetres.
2. Mini Camping LED Lantern
- Mini LED Lantern with 4 bright LEDs
- Operating on 3 x 1.5 V Typ AA batteries
- For indoor and outdoor suitable
- Modern and compact design
- An - Power Button with Durckmechanik
In the case that you are looking for a cheap camping lantern, keep in mind that this is the one you need since now you can buy it on Amazon.
It is equipped with four bright lights LED type, operated using batteries of AA type, weighs 100 grams and has a very compact size of 9.5 x 9.5 x 14.5 centimetres. It has a tube shape, its design is very modern and guarantees approximate durability of 10,000 hours.
Those who already have it come to establish that the light that it offers is tenuous, approximately as that which a candle can give.
3. LE 600Lm Camping LanternLighting EVER
- Two Detachable torches - LE camping lantern is made of the main lantern and two detachable torches, its' brightness up to 600 Lumen. The torch is very handy for the kids on late night toilet trips.
- Two Ways of Power Supply - The main lantern can be charged via USB cable, you can charge it up in the car on the way to the campsite by using LE car charger(included), or it can be powered by 3pcs D batteries (not included). And the two torches are powered by AAA batteries.(included)
- Sufficient Brightness - The overall brightness of this lantern is 600 lumen with a 360-degree beam angle. Bright enough to light up a whole tent.
- Various Lighting Modes - First press to the button to only turn on the main lantern, second press to turn on the side light of the torches as well, press again to turn off. Take off the torch, can use its front light and side light. Search "aom7VnbCd0w" on youtube to get more information.
- Water Resistant - Work well in light rains or snowy days, especially suitable as a work light, searchlight and emergency light with IPX4 water resistant rating.
This camping lantern that we present to you, which is now on sale in the Amazon online store, has a great advantage: its versatility. Yes, because it can be used as a lantern or as two lanterns since they can be extracted from the main structure.
In the same way, we can not ignore other features such as its power of 600 lumens, a beam of light of 360 ° or that can be used with both batteries and battery. This is charged via USB cable and car cigarette lighter charger, which are also included in the price.
Also, it must be stressed that it is resistant to water, that it has the A + energy certificate and that it can be transported comfortably thanks to the two handles included. And the latter also contributes its weight of 720 grams and dimensions of 11.5 x 11.5 x 20.5 centimetres.
It also has a compass on top.
4.HeroBeam Led Camping Lantern
- SUPER BRIGHT - twice the brightness of old tech 30 LED lanterns thanks to a trio of the latest technology COB LEDs which brightly illuminate 360 degrees - enough to light a tent, caravan, boat, garage or shed with ease. Also perfect for keeping around the house for use during power cuts, Halloween and Bonfire Night events
- TOUGH & WEATHER-RESISTANT - Our new LED lantern is built to withstand outdoor leisure use in British weather - durable ABS body, no glass, shock resistant and waterproof to IPX4 standard
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT - At under 5" high and 3.5" wide (124mm x 86mm) collapsed, it fits neatly in a rucksack, tyre well and most kitchen drawers and it takes inexpensive AA type batteries (included) not the expensive D or C types
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN - The top section simply lifts up to activate and reveal the light elements - no fumbling for a switch in the dark and it deactivates when the top is pushed down again. The lanterns also now have a MAGNETIC BASE
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY + 30 DAY 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE + BRITISH COMPANY AND UK CUSTOMER SERVICE
In this ranking of the best camping lanterns could not miss this other model, created by the firm HeroBeam and that offers good value for money. Exactly, it is now on sale for a good price, a value adjusted to the features it has, among which we can highlight some as only weighing 169 grams or that your battery has a range of 10 hours, being able to charge with a USB cable or by a solar panel.
It is a water-resistant lamp, flexible and has three lighting models (brightness, emergency SOS or complete). All this without forgetting either its thickness of only 4.5 centimetres or its diameter of 8 centimetres.
To these characteristics, it should be added that it can also be used as a flashlight, which can be folded to be carried in your pocket and can even be used at home when the lights have gone out.
So far our list of the best lanterns you can buy for when you leave camp. Now what remains is that, based on that ranking and the characteristics in which you should look to find the right one, choose the one that best suits your needs and your pocket. The decision is now in your hands.
Remember that an ideal complement to make your getaway to the mountain ideal is to buy a good mini-fridge and take the best inflatable mattress to rest in the best possible way.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API