In this guide, we explain everything about the peeler that will make your life easier and compare the best-selling electric peelers today to choose the one that suits your needs.
Top 10 electric peelers
Before making a decision, how about taking a look at these models? We have prepared this comparative list with the 10 most prominent on the market. In addition, so that you can choose the peeler that best suits your needs.
- 【 High Effective Electric Peeler 】 Stainless steel blade peels fruits and vegetables faster. A potato can be peeled within 10 seconds. It...
- 【 Ultra Safe &Easy to Use 】 Humanized button design, just gently press, start peeling automatically. The bottom holder can fix vegetable &...
- 【 Suit for Different Thickness 】 Movable fixed needle can adapt to different vegetable & fruit height. The Robotized arm can adjust thickness...
- 【 Multiple Power Source Supply 】 Utility paring machine can not only function with 4* AA batteries (not included), but also can be used with...
- 【 Widely Application 】 The rotate express can peel potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, apples, pears, oranges, lemons, persimmon, mango, kiwi,...
- Easy to Use: Humanized button design, just gently press, start peeling automatically. Movable fixed needle can adapt to different vegetable &...
- High Effective Electric Peeler: Designed with high quality stainless steel blade, peels fruits and vegetables faster. A potato can be peeled...
- Powered by Battery and Charger: The apple peeler can be not only powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) but also the 6V adapter charger...
- Extra Bonus: Coming with 3* Replaceable Blades + 1* Handy Thumb Knife which is quick & easy to scoop out the potato eyes, all above tools are...
- Suitable for Most of Fruits and Vegetables: The Robotized arm adjusts to every thickness, shape and textures .Suitable cut 2cm --- 14cm diameter...
- ULTRA SAFE DESIGN: Humanized button design, just gently press, start peeling automatically. Movable fixed needle can adapt to different vegetable...
- SHARP KNIFE & NON-SLIP BASE: Carefully Select high quality stainless steel blade, peels fruits and vegetables faster. A potato can be peeled...
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCE SUPPLY: Utility paring machine can not only function with 4* AA batteries (not included), but also can be used with the...
- EXTRA COMPONENTS: Coming with 3* Replaceable Blades + 1* Handy Thumb Knife which is quick & easy to scoop out the potato eyes, all above tools...
- SUITABLE FOR MANY KINDS OF FRUITS & VEGETABLES: It can peel potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, apples, pears, oranges, lemons,...
- Effortlessly peel vegetables, fruit, cheese and more with this robust motorised Power Peeler featuring two-way peeling capabilities.
- The innovative electrical orbital motion makes this powerful device quicker and much less hassle than conventional manual peelers.
- It is equipped with three interchangeable stainless steel blades that let you slice, ribbon, grate, julienne and spiralize as needed.
- The user-friendly unit comes with a handy base stand with an integrated see-through blade storage compartment for added convenience.
- This durable 4.5 V peeler delivers up to three hours of operation using standard AA batteries, making it perfect for everyday use.
- This is an amazing automatic potato, vegetable, and fruit peeler machine in a fast and easy way! An essential kitchen tool.
- Just peel the skin, without losing anything from the electric peeler for apples, potatoes, vegetables, and fruits.
- The robotic arm adapts to all thicknesses, shapes, and textures: from potatoes and tomatoes to rutabaga and avocados, as well as citrus zest.
- The bottom support can fix the vegetables and fruits in its rotating process. No need to hold the vegetable while peeling, safe for hands!
- Durable ABS plastic and a non-slip base. No more messing around with manual peelers.
- The Electric Peeler makes quicker and much less hassle than conventional manual peelers.
- Effortlessly peel vegetables, fruit, cheese and more with this robust motorised featuring 3 in1 peeling capabilities.
- USB Rechargeable:Built in 1500mAh rechargeable battery, compatible with any power supply, such as plug it into car adaptor, AC adaptor, power...
- It is equipped with three interchangeable stainless steel blades that let you slice, ribbon, grate and julienne as needed.
- Our electric potato peeler is very simple to use, just press the power button then you can peel almost all fruits and vegetables in seconds...
- 【3 Interchangeable Blades】 Comes with 3 extra stainless steel sharp blades, easy to change and save your space. One-edge peeler used for...
- 【One Button Operation】 Our electric potato peeler is very simple to use, just press the power button then you can peel almost all fruits and...
- 【Versatile Electric Peeler】 Fast and convenient way to peel or slice potatoes, apples, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, pears, persimmon, kiwi,...
- 【Ergonomic Handle Design】 Ergonomic handle design for our 3 in 1 electric peeler provides a soft and comfortable grip for perfect holding...
- 【Long Service Time】 3 AA batteries required, it can support the electric julienne peeler work for months in normal use if the battery is...
- Peels apples, potatoes, zucchini, lemons, and more in just seconds!
- BPA free plastic and powered by 4 AA batteries or AC power adapter
- Hidden storage compartment at the bottom of Peeler includes 2 replacement blades
- Paring tool for removing blemishes from fruits and veggies
- 1-year manufacturer warranty, recipe book and access to our growing database of recipes included
- Quick and easy way to peel potatoes
- Saves time when prepping big meals
- Great for batch-cooking
- Peels up to 1kg potatoes in 1 minute
- Anti-slip feet hold it steady
- It is an amazing peeling machine that potato, vegetable and fruit in a fast and easy way! An indispensable kitchen tool.
- Just peel the skin, without wasting any of the nutrition Electric Peeler for Apple, Potato, Vegetable and Fruit.
- The Robotized arm adjusts to every thickness, shape and textures: From potatoes to tomatoes to rutabaga and avocados, also zests citrus fruits.
- The bottom holder can fix vegetable & fruit in its rotation process. No need to hold the vegetable during peeling, safe to hands!
- Durable ABS plastic and non-slip base. No more messing with manual peelers.
What is a peeler?
A peeler is a kitchen tool used to quickly and conveniently remove the skin from fruits and vegetables.
In addition, it allows you to take better advantage of the food since it speeds up the maximum and there is less waste; in this way, we save money and time. In addition, they are much more comfortable to use than a paring knife and reduce the risk of cuts to your fingers.
The best value for money
Electric peeler that works quickly and safely with any fruit or vegetable with an oval shape: oranges, apples, potatoes, tomatoes, etc. It is made of stainless steel and allows easy cleaning.
You will have the vegetables and fruits ready in seconds; press the button to start working. It has three stainless steel blades and is made of ABS plastic, making it a light and resistant instrument.
The best cheap model
Avoid over-disposal and save time and effort with this electric peeler. Peel potatoes, fruits and vegetables in a few seconds with the push of a button. Saving time in the kitchen has never been so easy; it can also be disassembled for better cleaning.
Starfrit Rotato Express Electric Peeler Review and Demonstration
Why buy a peeler?
A peeler is a tool that can become your best ally in the kitchen, as it offers countless advantages and comforts:
Very useful and easy to use
In addition to being very useful, this utensil has a compact design so that you can transport it and place it in any corner of your kitchen, so it will not be a hindrance even if you have little space in this room of your kitchen house.
Most electric peelers have a serrated base. Therefore, you will only have to puncture the piece of fruit or vegetable to hold it and adjust the machine according to its size. Then, with the push of a button, we achieve that the piece is completely peeled in a matter of seconds.
To avoid accidents
Peeling the crust or skin of food with a kitchen knife can be very dangerous and puts the safety of our fingers at risk, especially if it is not the right knife for this type of task. However, with this tool, by not manipulating the blade directly, there is no danger of cutting. In health, prevention is always better than cure.
To save time in the kitchen
Of the different culinary tasks, peeling is usually the account with the fewest followers. This work is boring, slow and cumbersome; Therefore, if we have an appliance that can do the work for us, we will save time to use it in other tasks.
The peeler removes the skin of almost any vegetable or fruit easily and quickly, so you can considerably reduce the time you spend preparing any recipe, especially if you usually cook for many people.
How to choose a peeler?
So that you can choose well the peeler that meets all your needs, in the following buying guide, we explain the aspects that you should take into account at the time of purchase:
Most of the electric peelers that we can find have a power of about 20 W. It is not a great power if we compare it with other devices, but it is enough to carry out this task effectively in a short space of time.
There are also battery-powered peelers. However, the main drawback is that you will have to spend money to replace the batteries. Also, when they are running low, it will affect the optimal performance of the peeler.
The blade is an essential part of this device since it depends on its clean and effective cut. Most peelers have blades made of stainless steel that guarantee greater durability.
In addition, they can be removed to facilitate cleaning and maintain the hygiene of the food that you are going to peel. Of course, be careful when disassembling them since the blades are very sharp and can cut.
The speed at which this utensil works may vary. It depends, above all, on its power. However, most appliances manage to peel a whole piece of fruit or vegetable in less than a minute. Meanwhile, you can go doing other things.
In manual peelers, you must pay close attention to their ergonomics, especially if you have to peel a large amount of food. This translates into a handle that can be held comfortably and that adapts to the shape of the hand so that it does not hurt us when using force on the skin to peel it.
We recommend that you opt for models that facilitate cleaning. In other words, they are designed with simple lines, without hard-to-reach nooks where dirt can accumulate.
Keep in mind that you are purchasing a device that works with food. Therefore, you must ensure that you keep it in the best hygienic condition. Choose a model that has removable parts and removable blades for easy cleaning.
The different peeler models
In general lines, we can classify the peelers into two large groups:
The manual peelers can, in turn, be of two types: handheld or tabletop with a crank. In the hand models, you will have to be the one who holds the piece with one hand and the peeler with the other. You will have to pass the peeler as many times as necessary until the food is completely peeled.
The main advantage of handheld devices is that you can peel any fruit or vegetable, not just those that are round or oval. They are also handy for peeling uniform vegetables, such as potatoes.
On the other hand, the manual tabletop ones work in a similar way to the electric ones. However, instead of working with electrical power, they have a crank that we will have to turn so that the blade moves and peels the fruit or vegetables previously placed in the appliance.
The electric peeler is much easier to use and makes all the effort for you. You have to place the piece of fruit or vegetable in the support and hold it well. Then, place the blade on top and press the power button to peel it automatically. This is how most electrical appliances that work with oval parts work.
If you are looking for an instrument that peels other types of vegetables, such as asparagus or beans, the mechanism is also straightforward but slightly different. This peeler is plugged into the mains and is activated by pressing a button. Then, through the hole that it presents, we put the bean, and it is in charge of removing the seed and discarding the pod.
You are probably looking for the cheapest peeler on the market to save money. However, this idea can often be expensive because if we opt for a poor quality device, it may stop working correctly after a few uses. Therefore, it is always advisable to choose a product with a good value for money that guarantees optimal performance after a long time.
How to use a peeler?
No specialized knowledge is required to use a manual peeler. But, of course, to go faster and gain technique, you may need many hours of use and experience. As for the electric peeler, you will not have problems learning how to use it either, since it is very intuitive.
First of all, wash the food that you are going to remove the skin from well. Then, as we have said before, these devices have a toothed base in which we will place the piece that we want to peel.
Afterwards, you have to hold the food well with the upper support to not move from its position. Once this is done, you will only have to press a button to start the machine. In less than a minute, you will have the piece of fruit or vegetable completely ready. You can repeat the procedure by giving it a second round to remove more skin from the food.
When you’re done, unplug the power cord and disassemble the machine. You can wash the removable parts in the dishwasher or by hand with a soft scouring pad and detergent. To clean the rest of the body of the appliance, use a damp cloth.
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API