Wanting to carry out a healthy, complete and balanced diet or directly wishing to lose a few extra kilos should lead to changes in the diet. And that happens, among other things, to start cooking in the healthiest way possible. Something that can be achieved if you choose to buy a food steamer, which is a simple tool for cooking steam, an ideal way to eat healthily and to ensure that food does not lose its nutrients.
Precisely if you still do not have that article, you will be interested in having one in your kitchen. And to that, we want to help you, next. Therefore, we will let you know not only the criteria for acquiring the most suitable but also the best steamers for steam cooking in the market.
Tips for buying a food steamer
On sale, you will find a variety of steamers. Hence, you must be very clear on what aspects to look for in order to find the right one. We are referring to criteria like these:
- The type of steamer. The first thing that you should be clear about is that there are two fundamental classes of steam generators: the electric ones, which work connected to the current, and the autonomous ones. These simply need to be placed on the fire to steam cook the food.
- The capacity that it has is, without doubt, another of the most relevant characteristics to which you must pay attention to buy your steamer. And you must take into account how many people are at home to choose a larger or smaller based on that data. In the market, you can find models from 1.5 litres to others of 9 litres, for example.
- The price, Needless to say, this aspect must also be taken into account. Think about how much you can spend and so you will leave out models that do not fit your budget, which will help you find the one you need.
- The accessories included are, in the same way, an interesting criterion to take into consideration to opt for one or the other. In particular, we are referring, for example, to complements that are going to be really useful to avoid that the flavours of the different foods can be mixed while cooking at the same time.
The brand that endorses it, its ease of cleaning and even its power in the case of electric steamers are other aspects that you must keep in mind when purchasing this household item.
The best food steamers
Once you are clear about what criteria you have to take into account in order to buy one of these devices, the moment comes when you discover which are the best steamers in the market. In particular, we are referring to the following:
1. Andrew James Electric Food Steamer
Andrew James Electric Food Steamer 3...
- 3 TIER DIGITAL STEAMER -- The Andrew James...
- DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH 6 FUNCTIONS -- This...
- LARGE CAPACITY WATER TANK -- The steamer...
- INCLUDES RICE COOKING DISH -- Steamed rice is...
If you are looking for an economic steamer and that offers good quality this may be appropriate.
It is also electric, its power is 800 W and has three containers for cooking. To all that we must add its timer, which has a system of protection against overheating and has a capacity of 9 litres.
It weighs 2.3 kilos, performs uniform heating and has been made with materials that respect the environment. Its dimensions are 31 x 23.5 x 39.7 centimeters.
2. WMF CE Food Steamer
In stainless steel this electric steam generator of 900W is made, it has two cooking zones, it has 4.3 litres capacity and it has a water tank of 1.1 litres.
Includes a system to keep food warm, weighs 798 grams and has dimensions of 37 x 31.5 x 20 centimetres.
Those who have it stand out both its efficiency and its ease to be cleaned.
3. Russell Hobbs 19270-56 Food Steamer
Russell Hobbs 19270-56 Food Steamer...
- Three containers with a total capacity of 9L....
- Side inlets to top up the water during...
- 60-minute timer with automatic shutdown...
- Foldable containers for compact storage....
The first position in this ranking is occupied by a model that is a benchmark for the sector, without a doubt, both for price and quality. Stands out for being of the electric type with the power of 800W, for having three floors or containers and for having a capacity of 9 litres.
This steamer is made of stainless steel and polypropylene, includes a bowl of 1 litre for rice and comes even with a time of 1 hour.
998 grams is what weighs this article, which has a size of 27.5 x 27.5 x 25.5 centimetres and which also has a tray for the remaining water.
Those who own it stand out that it is easy to clean, that it is put into operation quickly and that it is great to prepare both vegetables and fish.
4. Aicok Food Steamer
The third position on our list of the best steamers is occupied by this other, which is electric, which has a capacity of 9 litres and has three containers for cooking. Characteristics to which we must add its power of 800 W, which is presented with a bucket to prepare rice and has a stainless steel base while being free of BPA.
It has a led screen to adjust the time and temperature, it is cleaned easily and starts working within 10 seconds of connecting. Its weight is 2.15 kilos and its size is 31.8 x 23.5 x 39.8 centimetres. You can prepare both meat and fish, eggs or vegetables.
5. Geepas Food Steamer
Geepas Food Steamer 12L Capacity | 3...
- 12L LARGE & 1000W POWERFUL FOOD STEAMER –...
- BPA FREE, STACKABLE & DISHWASHER SAFE –...
- 75 MINUTES TIMER – It is set by timer,...
- SIMPLE USE - Simply put the timer at the...
In this list of the best steamers, we could not ignore the inclusion of this other, endorsed by the well-known firm Geepas and that is designed for homes where one or two people live. It has a capacity of 1.6 litres and two stackable baskets, it is electric with a power of 1000 W and has a water tank of 500 millilitres.
To all that we must add its 60-minute timer, which weighs 898 grams and has a size of 25.5 x 15 x 20 centimetres.
6. Tefal Vitacuisine Compact
To finish our ranking we will present this model. It is an electric steamer, has three baskets, its capacity is 9 litres and power reaches 1800W.
Its containers are free of BPA, it has the Vitamin + function to cook faster and better preserve the properties of food and its weight is 4 kilos.
It has a size of 35.3 x 30 x 31.5 centimetres and those who own it stands out that it comes with four baskets for individual portions and with two trays for cooking with sauces. They also highlight its easy storage, its speed and that it has an excellent quality.
Now, after all this information, decide which is the best kitchen steamer for you and your home.
Last update on 2020-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API