Having hot water always available is just ideal for those who love tea and other hot drinks. And it became possible thanks to an efficient device: the hot water dispenser.
This efficient little device will prepare a large quantity of hot water, often filtered, all in record time! But there are plenty of references, and it is often difficult to make a choice.
The users test several devices and get an opinion on the different models. As you will see, all these distributors are far from being worthwhile.
Top 10 hot water dispensers
- Boils a cup of water in under 50 seconds, ideal for busy families
- 2 Litre tank holds enough water for up to 10 cups; ideal for instant coffee, tea, hot chocolate, noodles and more
- Variable single cup dispense allows you to choose from nine different cup sizes; manual stop lets you control flow of water for energy-efficient,...
- Large water window with blue illumination in boil mode; sleek black design with polished stainless steel trim complements modern kitchens
- Removable drip tray, permanent limescale filter and stainless steel finish simplify the cleaning process
- This VonShef catering urn is a heavy duty stainless steel design ideal for domestic or commercial kitchens
- This catering urn also has a drip tray and anti drip tap
- A cool touch handle and water level indicator
- It also comes with an automatic temperature control and a keep hot function
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Dispenses one cup of boiling water at the touch of a button, so you only boil what you need
- One-touch operation with hinged lid for easy filling: perfect for those that cannot lift a heavy kettle
- Manual stop option for full control and Non-slip feet
- Removable, adjustable drip tray means no worktop mess
- Large front water window makes accurate filling easy
- Only boil the water you need so it's ready faster, uses less energy and doesn't waste a drop of water. There's no plumbing-in required, just use...
- Select the ideal water temperature, whether it’s 100 degree Celsius for your pasta, 95 degree Celsius for your coffee or 85 degree Celsius for...
- You can select to automatically dispense amounts of water of up to 600 ml, anything over this amount you can dispense at the push of a button
- Water tank holds up to 3 L so you refill less often, then select from 150 ml to 1.5 L at a time so you can make a single cup of tea or boil water...
- BRITA technology reduces unpleasant and unwanted substances like limescale, metals or chlorine to make your drinks look and taste better, Cord...
- RELIABLE: Some like it hot: The Klarstein Hot Spring Plus hot water dispenser reliably supplies households and offices with hot water whenever it...
- MANY POSSIBILITIES: There are many occasions when the hot water dispenser can be used: Quickly brewing a tea at the desired temperature or...
- PRACTICAL: The Hot Spring Plus hot water dispenser's large stainless steel water tank can hold up to 5 litres of water, making it ideal for the...
- EASY OPERATION: The touch surface is located on the upper side. All you have to do is set the desired filling quantity and temperature and press...
- Please be advised that this device comes with a licensed EU to UK converter plug attached. Therefore, we will open the package and pre-install it...
- Instant hot water at the touch of a button
- Saves time and money compared to using a standard kettle
- 3.5 litre/6 pint capacity provides 24 cups/12 mugs
- Choice of 5 temperatures, from 40-98° C. Auto switch-off; Boil dry protection
- Suitable for making hot beverages, desserts, cooking and other household tasks
- SMART 'INSTA-HEAT' at your chosen temperature, Oyu is the most energy saving water heater that we sell. You are only dispensing and heating the...
- MODERN TOUCH LED DISPLAY - easy use and hygiene is cleverly hidden under the intuitive control panel. You can adjust the temperature, volume and...
- STEADY STREAM TECHNOLOGY - water dispenses from the 4 Litre tank with a steady dispensing of hot water
- YUM ECOBOIL SYSTEM - means it gets the water you are dispensing to the correct temperature fast to ensure the beverage you are brewing is fresh,...
- UK/EU POWER - works with UK or European power. 220-240V, with safety features such as safety lock dispense mechanism. 3-pin BS plug. 2 YEAR YUM...
- INSTANT HOT WATER: Instant hot water on tap all day at a fraction of the running costs and the wattage of a kettle
- KEEPS WARM ALL DAY: Thanks to the Insulated coated stainless steel casing your water will stay warm all day...even when unplugged!
- SAFE TO USE: Whilst the casing can get warm it's never too hot to touch! There's even a separate unlock button for extra precaution so you can...
- EASY TO RE-FILL: You can keep an eye on the water levels via an indicator light, and the Perma Therm can easily be re-filled via a lift-up lid
- LCD DISPLAY: Easily see the temperature, boil. With 3 easy dispensing modes; auto, cup and manual.
- SUPERIOR BUNDLE - Your complete cereal container bundle comes with 3 premium bpa-free food-storage canisters (9.6 x 9.3 x 3.9 inches), 4pc...
- KEEP THE CRUNCHINESS ALIVE - Imagine waking up every morning and having your favourite cereal with the same original taste each day, the 4...
- VERSATILE CONTAINERS - MANY GREAT USES: These air-tight food-safe plastic containers are not only ideal for storing cereals but they are also...
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN - These durable cereal holders have been especially designed to minimize space and will easily fit into your refrigerator,...
- OUR PROMISE: We are completely confident that you will Love our cereal containers, if you don't love it or don't feel it was worth every penny...
- Keeps your drinks hot for up 8 hours, and cold for up to 24 hours.
- The cover features a safety locking system allowing for spill free transportation.
- Rotating stopper reduces heat transfer keeping the contents hot or cold for as long as possible.
- Easy-to-open lid cover makes for conevenient access to fill or empty the flask.
- Suitable for black tea, black coffee, and water only. Milk should be served seperately
Types of hot water dispensers
There are three types: tankless, with tank and on-demand. In tankless dispensers, the liquid is stored in a tankless water heater system. It is a popular choice because it provides instant temperature and is considered the most energy-efficient. They can also lower your electric bills because they don’t require a large tank. The downside is that they cannot control the temperature.
Instant hot water dispenser
Another option is an instant hot water dispenser. This is also called boiling. This type is designed like the type with a tank, but it does not need a tank. It only needs water source, and it is equipped with a heating element at the top. Just pour in the required amount of water, and it heats up instantly. When water heats up, it brings the boiling point of water to the same temperature as your cup.
Tankless hot water dispenser
The third option is the tankless hot water dispenser. It is about a modern invention that has the same principle as a tank and an automatic shut-off device. This means that even when automatic shutdown is activated, you can still turn off the device and let it cool down without stopping the whole machine. It is effortless to use, and you will have no problem using this type of hot water dispenser.
Tankless hot water dispensers are more efficient and cheaper than other types, which is why they are often used for cooking and making tea. A heating element is located at the top of the device and keeps the temperature constant. The most common problems encountered in tankless hot water dispensers are the limitation of boiling water and poor temperature control. So make sure you get a high-quality model.
Breville Hotcup VKJ318 hot water dispenser
First, it will be essential to pay particular attention to the following criteria:
This is a criterion that remains decisive because the more powerful your machine, the faster it will heat the water. As with all household appliances, this power is expressed in watts. The ideal is to choose a distributor with a minimum power of 700 watts.
Of course, this power will have to be compared with the total capacity of the distributor. The larger the capacity, the more powerful equipment you will need for rapid heating.
More than a simple kettle, the hot water dispenser will have a larger capacity. Of course, the choice of total capacity will be based on your needs. Generally, it can vary from 2 litres to more than 10 litres depending on the model. If there are many of you at home or if you receive regular guests, you will need to choose a device with at least 4 litres of capacity to be quiet.
It will also be necessary to pay particular attention to the machine’s quality of manufacture and the materials used. It is better to choose a device made of stainless steel. Stainless steel has the advantage of being a durable, robust material that is easy to clean and does not fear oxidation.
If the appliance contains plastic, make sure that it is of good quality and can withstand heat. This plastic is called thermoplastic.
Features and security
Hot water dispensers can come with some pretty cool features. I am thinking in particular, and above all, of the keeping warm function. Also, it is better to choose a model with overheating protection and dry running protection.
Also, some devices can filter hot water directly.
It is best to choose a machine with a thermostat to be programmed over a wide temperature range. Preferably, it is necessary that your device can be set to a range between 60 and 100 ° C.
This remains an important criterion because the appliance may take pride in place in your kitchen. As much choose a model that you have easy on the eye, you will take more fun to use. Nowadays, there are hot water dispensers with a very successful aesthetic. I have a preference for devices with a clean design with stainless steel finishes.
Ease of maintenance
Make sure that the appliance is easy to maintain and that all parts are easy to disassemble. Also, it is necessary that the water tank can be easily removed, even when the appliance is switched off.
There are devices from around £40 to more than £500 for professional models. Avoid all the same devices first prize. These machines take a long time to heat up and are impractical, so keep your good old saucepan.
Also, I noticed that the offer was much larger on the Internet and the prices more interesting. In stores, there are fewer references, and the prices are often relatively high. These are the e-commerce sites that generally offer the best promotions.
It’s a reflex that I always have when I buy equipment: I always take a quick look at the opinions of previous buyers. Nowadays, it has become very easy to consult these opinions on the Internet. In general, it is rather inadvisable to go on a device with an average rating of less than 3 stars.
If you’re still unsure, here are 5 good reasons to buy a hot water dispenser:
- You can have hot water at any time of the day.
- The capacity of these devices is more significant than a simple kettle.
- Most appliances provide hot water, which is filtered.
- Recent models are more aesthetic than a simple kettle.
- It is handy in many situations: hot drinks, hot water for cooking.
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API