When summer approaches, nothing better than being able to enjoy a delicious ice cream. How about you make it yourself at home? With homemade ice cream makers, you can choose the ingredients that compose it at any time, and your children will be delighted.
However, deciding on one of these devices can be complicated, given the great offer that the market presents. Therefore, in this guide, we will help you choose the one that best suits your needs and those of your family.
What is an ice cream maker?
An ice cream maker is a machine designed to make ice cream. There are two types: they can be without a compressor or with a compressor.
In the second case, you will not need to freeze the container previously since it has a freezing system capable of bringing the mixture to a suitable temperature.
On the other hand, the blades are in charge of beating the ingredients, like a good mixer and incorporating air until obtaining an ice cream with the perfect consistency.
Top 10 ice cream makers
Before getting into the subject, how about taking a look at the best models on the market? Choose from these the one that best suits your needs.
- Makes 1.5L of delicious, homemade ice cream, gelato, frozen yoghurt or sorbet in as little as 40 minutes.
- Professional compressor system means no need to pre-freeze the bowl and no need to wait between batches.
- 2 mixing paddles, one for ice cream and one for gelato to give your recipe the right amount of air for perfect texture.
- Easy to use. Simply add ingredients and switch on. Add extra toppings through the lid during churning such as nuts, chocolate chips, fruit pieces...
- Unbeatable taste and flavour, made with fresh ingredients.
- MAKE ICE CREAM IN UNDER 30 MINUTES: Fresh homemade ice cream is just moments away with the IM540 machine. Making your own ice cream can be...
- HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN 4 EASY STEPS: 1) Place the bowl in your freezer for 8-24 hours. 2) Once frozen, put the bowl into the IM540 machine and...
- PERFECT FOR DIFFERENT DIETRY REQUIREMENTS: The benefit of making your own ice cream is that you can make it with just the ingredients you want....
- SIMPLE TO OPERATE: The IM540 comes with a freezer ice cream bowl which needs to be frozen prior to use; simply pop this in the freezer the night...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Colour: white with a transparent lid. Bowl capacity: 1.5 litres. Power: 540W. Size: 24cm x 17cm x 17cm. Material: outer body...
- Makes 2L of delicious, homemade ice cream, frozen yoghurt or sorbet in as little as 25 minutes
- Easy to use. Simply pre-freeze the bowl overnight, add ingredients and switch on
- Add extra toppings through the lid during churning such as nuts, chocolate chips, fruit pieces and sauces for a ripple effect
- Removable bowl/lid and paddle for easy cleaning
- Unbeatable taste and flavour, made with fresh ingredients
- [DELICIOUS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN MINUTES] – Sensio Home Ice Cream Makers can create ice cream, sorbet, gelato and frozen yoghurt in...
- [EASY TO OPERATE] – (1) Freeze the bowl for approximately 12 hours, depending on your freezer (2) Mix your ingredients and pre-chill it in the...
- [EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND CLEAN] – With just 4 removable components the set-up process could not be any simpler. With an easy-to-follow...
- [RECIPE SUGGESTIONS] - Includes Ebook recipes to get you started. At the touch of a button you can have delicious homemade ice cream in the...
- [2 YEAR 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE] – Shop with confidence as the Sensio Home Ice Cream Maker is covered by a 2 year guarantee, proof that we...
- DELICIOUS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN MINUTES: With the Andrew James ice cream maker machine, making delicious ice-cream, gelato, sorbet, or frozen...
- EASY ONE CLICK OPERATION: 1) Add the removable bowl to a freezer for a minimum of 8 hours before churning your icecream. 2) Insert the frozen...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The icecream makers churner and freezer bowl easily detach from the unit, making it simple to clean and makes it on of the best...
- COMES WITH 6 AMAZING RECEPIES: If your icecream maker wasn't enough, we've also added 6 complementary recipes to make you the best ice cream...
- LIFETIME SUPPORT & 2-YEAR WARRANTY: Shop with confidence as your Andrew James gelato maker comes with a complete 2-year manufacturer's warranty....
- Fast Homemade Ice Cream: Ice cream maker has 1.5L capital, will make 12 Ice Cream Ball at one time . Make delicious ice cream, gelato, sorbet,...
- Healthy Flavor: Recipes included. You can create your favourite flavour or follow the cookbook to make delicious ice cream. The benefit of making...
- Good Gift Idea: Compact size for easy storage Sleek and automatic design is good for housewarming or wedding gift. All parts are BPA free. The...
- Easy to Clean: Transparent lid lets watch freeze process at any time. Mess-free design with easy-lock lid and large spout allows you to...
- Simple to operate: Come with double-insulated freezer bowl no need to add ice during maker working. Instructions will guide you how to use the...
- DESSERT MAKER – Making perfect ice cream, sorbet, gelato or frozen yoghurt with essential recipe booklet included.
- FAST OPERATION – Creating your dessert within an hour for fast operation, ideal for dinner parties with 100W of power. With the built-in...
- LARGE CAPACITY – Capable of making 1L of ice cream to share your custom flavours with friends and family.
- EASY CLEANED – The removable bowl allows for easy cleaning, while the compact design is ideal for storage.
- DIMENSIONS - 26cm x 23cm x 36cm
- The perfect treat for adults or kids - whether they fancy ice cream, sorbet or frozen yoghurt!
- With digital timer, clear guide, & 7 recipes making homemade ice cream just became so much easier!
- Includes: power unit with lid & timer, & 1.5 litre freezer bowl. Easy to read digital display.
- Just freeze the bowl overnight & the next day you can make frozen delights in as little as 30 mins.
- Buy this product from Lakeland & you can return it for up to 3 years. Proof of purchase is necessary
- 【3 Operation Modes】There are 3 operation modes to satisfy your needs of making different types of desserts. You can adjust the control knob...
- 【Keep Cool Function】To maintain fresh taste and texture of ice cream, the machine will automatically start every 10 minutes and cool for 10...
- 【Compressor & Motor Self-Protection】3-min waiting time protects the compressor when switching the operation modes. And you can also unplug...
- 【DIY Ice Cream】This countertop ice cream maker allows you to make various delicious frozen desserts. You can create your own unique taste by...
- 【Easy To Clean】Since smooth ABS surface, the daily maintenance is easy to finish with a wet towel. In addition, all non-electric parts are...
- Make ice cream, frozen yoghurt, sorbet or frozen fruits in as little as 25 minutes.
- Pre- freeze the bowl overnight before use, or store it in your freezer so it's always ready.
- Use the ice cream paddle to churn smooth ice cream, frozen yoghurt and sorbet, or use the fresh fruit paddle to blend soft fruits whilst freezing...
- Add ingredients through the lid during churning such as nuts, chocolate chips, fruit pieces and sauces for a ripple effect.
- 5 year guarantee.
Why buy an ice cream machine?
If you love ice cream, don’t miss the opportunity to purchase one of these machines for your home at a very affordable price.
To enjoy homemade ice cream
Who has not dreamed of having an ice cream machine at home since childhood? Enjoying the taste of good homemade ice cream is all pleasure, especially if we are close to 40˚C. Without a doubt, having the opportunity to savour a product made by yourself is a luxury.
If you like ice cream and you think you could spend a whole day eating it, this machine is for you. Get delicious and creamy textures in your preparations as if it were an industrial product, but with the security of knowing that it does not contain any harmful additives to your health.
To choose the ingredients of the ice cream
However, the best thing about this machine is that you always choose the ingredients that your ice cream incorporates. Prepare your combinations with healthy and natural ingredients.
So you can enjoy delicious ice cream at any time and have the security of offering your children the best. You can prepare pineapple, lemon, strawberry, chocolate sorbets, or whatever you want, and only your imagination limits you.
To make ice cream with natural flavours
Having this ice cream machine at home allows you to experiment every day with new ingredients. It does not matter if you incorporate your favourite fruit to create delicious and healthy natural ice creams or prepare a base with vanilla cream.
Your favourite flavours and the best ingredients in a single combination that can be even low in calories, so you can enjoy a refreshing dessert without regrets. Look for a real food ice cream recipe, and you will not stop using this machine.
How to choose an ice cream maker?
There are several features that you should not overlook when purchasing one of these devices. Take note!
Capacity is one of the first characteristics that you will have to assess when deciding which model to buy. You have to consider the members that make up the family so that no one will be left without their ice cream.
Household ice cream makers usually have a capacity between 1 to 2 litres, but some larger models can go up to 6 litres. For this reason, it is essential to check the size of the container since, even if a device has large dimensions, the container may not be so large. Also, check the size of the mixing paddles.
This aspect should not worry you since domestic machines usually do not have much power. Generally, they are around 10 W, but they are utensils without a compressor that you will have to freeze before. They do not require more watts by not having to cool the container since they only have to turn the blades.
If the model incorporates a compressor, the power can reach 250 W, since it needs to be able to cool the mechanism to very low temperatures to prepare the ice cream and achieve an optimal result.
On the other hand, it is advisable to check the materials with which the machine is manufactured. Some cheaper models are usually made of plastic, so they are lighter but also less resistant.
However, metal models, such as aluminium or stainless steel, withstand humidity better and are more resistant to regular use and the passage of time.
Among the accessories that these devices usually include are special ice cream spoons, spatulas, containers, or recipe books. If you think you will need some of them, check that the model you are interested in includes them, so you do not have to make an extra expense.
Do not forget to consider the extra functions that each model can incorporate. For example, to avoid having to keep an eye on the process all the time, some models include an automatic timer that turns the machine off when it’s finished, so you don’t have to worry.
On the other hand, some of these tools can also be used to cool the containers where the ice cream will be placed once it is finished, to freeze fruit or store ice. The most versatile models allow you to create other types of cold desserts, such as sorbets, yoghurts or slushies. If you look closely, there are many options and functionalities. Choose the one that has the ones that best suit your use. You do not necessarily have to choose the one that offers them all if we do not intend to use them, as it will increase the price without being useful to us.
How much does an ice cream maker cost?
And we have reached the most crucial section, what is the price of one of these machines? The range is extensive, but in general, we can find a clear difference between the models with a compressor and those that only mix ice cream.
On the other hand, the price can also vary depending on the brand, the materials it is composed of, industrial or domestic, etc.
The first thing you will have to assess in one of these machines is its size and capacity, so you will know if it is suitable for all your family members. On the other hand, it is recommended that you value the use that you are going to give it if you are going to use it sporadically or every day. If you usually make a lot of ice cream, you might be interested in investing in a model with a compressor. Finally, don’t forget to check the opinions of other consumers before making any purchase.
How does an ice cream maker work?
To begin to explain the operation of these devices, we will talk about devices without a compressor. As we have mentioned in the previous section, these are cheaper and smaller machines, but they take longer to prepare the ice cream.
They cannot cool the ingredients by themselves, so you will have to put the tank in the freezer at least 24 hours before.
On the other hand, refrigerators with a compressor can generate cold by themselves. This way, you will save the freezer step and speed up the whole process to enjoy your ice cream in less time. Of course, these models are more expensive, and their dimensions are considerable, something that can be a problem if you do not have enough space in your kitchen.
To make an ice cream with the help of these machines, the process is straightforward. Although the ideal and advisable thing is that you always read the instructions included in the box carefully, there is any recommendation for use by the manufacturer.
In any case, if you have a compressor model, you can start by adjusting the temperature directly from the device. These machines will drop the degrees quickly and without problems.
Then, you will have to place the mixture that you have prepared inside the container and let it mix well with the paddles automatically for about 20 or 40 minutes, depending on the model. Once the ice cream has obtained the perfect texture, you can take it out of the container and enjoy your creation.
How to clean an ice cream maker?
Regarding its cleaning and maintenance, you must choose a removable product and that all its parts are made of resistant materials. Ideally, both its accessories and the tub are dishwasher safe. In this way, if you are lucky enough to have one at home, you can make sure you leave your refrigerator as good as new after each use.
Do not forget that we are talking about a product that works with food. The ice cream can contain eggs, dairy or other ingredients, so we must clean it very well until we make sure that there is no trace of any food used to prepare our ice cream.
It is recommended that you read the instructions first to clean according to the manufacturer’s suggestions, so you will avoid damaging the equipment. After each use, you will have to disassemble all the parts that make up the machine and put them in the dishwasher or wash them by hand with a little hot water and a non-abrasive detergent.
The body of the machine can be cleaned with the help of a damp cloth and some soap. Finally, before reassembling the machine, make sure that each part, the blades and the thermal tank are thoroughly dried.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API