If you love to read and like to take advantage of it when you travel in the subway, for example, you should know that you do not need to carry a heavy book with you. Now you can carry many in a small, lightweight device that you can carry comfortably in your bag or backpack. Sure, because that and more is what the Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader offers you.
It is a technological article that offers the possibility that reading enthusiasts can always have a book with which to let their imagination fly. And everything in a really simple way. Keep reading and you will know what the aforementioned e-Reader offers you, which has become the most sold in the Amazon online store.
Kindle Paperwhite | Waterproof, 6"...
- Now available in Black, Twilight Blue, Plum and Sage.
- Waterproof (IPX8), so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours. Learn more in Technical Details below.
Features of the Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader
The first thing to know about this device that allows you to store digital books is the set of identifying features that characterize it. And, in this way, you can be clear about whether or not it is what you need now to be able to fully enjoy your hobby, reading. Specifically, these are the most relevant specifications that we can establish in this respect:
- It is equipped with a 6 “screen, which means that it is presented with dimensions of 15.2 centimetres. Of the same one, it is also necessary to emphasize that it is tactile.
- It offers high resolution, 300 dpi.
- It has a storage capacity of 4 GB.
- No less relevant is that it has integrated light that is self-regulating both during the day and during the night.
- This Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader should also emphasize its large capacity battery, which allows you to use the device for six weeks without recharging.
- It has a Wifi connection.
- It has a weight of 205 grams.
- The dimensions of the e-Reader are 16.9 x 11.7 x 9.1 centimetres.
Once you have been able to discover the main signs of identity of this e-Reader, you have to know, therefore, which are the most significant advantages that it has and those that have led to it becoming one of the best-selling products in the world. Amazon, where it has a price of around 130 euros.
In particular, having this article will mean enjoying benefits such as the following. Take note:
- The screen resolution that it has allows it to be read comfortably and without problems as if it were a book. Yes, because it does not generate reflections of any kind. What’s more, it can be used even when it is under the sun.
- The fact that it has a self-regulating light is a success, as long as it allows to have the necessary lighting to read either day or night.
- The large capacity it has gives the possibility of storing numerous books in that device. Hence, it is possible to create an extensive library.
- Its small size and also its light weight make it an ideal e-Reader to carry with you always. Yes, because you can carry comfortably in your bag or backpack.
- No less relevant is that the reader’s eyesight is not tired because it is equipped with a frontal light that is responsible for providing the necessary lighting at all times. All in favour of visual health.
- The fact that it has a battery as it has makes it a great alternative. Yes, because as it lasts six weeks, it does not require to be continually carrying it.
- Its thinness and its lightweight should not be forgotten that allow it to be used with one hand as if it were a pocketbook.
- Compared to other e-Readers that are on sale this stands out because it allows the user to read without having to see how the reading is interrupted periodically by notifications of various kinds.
- Very interesting are two novelties that have been introduced in this device to read digital books. In particular, we are referring both to the Booker reading source, which greatly facilitates reading, as well as its typographic design. This is manifested through more stylized typography, a correct justified and interlined … All that leads to a more agile reading and without the eyestrain.
- It allows to take notes next to the text and even to emphasize. Moreover, the phrases you want can be shared through social networks.
- It includes an interesting feature called Page Flip, which ensures that the reader can browse the pages and move from one place to another in the book without losing the reading point in which it is.
- Those who have this e-Reader, in addition, have at their fingertips access to a vast catalog of books that can be purchased at affordable prices. We are referring to the Kindle Store and also to options such as Kindle Unlimited.
- In the same way, it allows access to an interesting set of works that can be downloaded for free, as would be the case of “Pride and Prejudice” (1813) by Jane Austen.
To all these remarkable advantages we must add other such as translating passages instantaneously, which allows you to quickly check how much is left to finish a chapter or that gives the option to search for words in the dictionary. That without forgetting that it also gives the possibility of looking for certain information in Wikipedia.
Once you have been able to discover the benefits of having this e-Reader Kindle Paperwhite, it is time to also know its aspects against. In this case, the users that already have it coincide in underlining some details in which they should improve, such as these:
- They establish that the brightness of the screen should be perfected, since they determine that, at certain levels, it is annoying.
- There are those who believe that their tactile page step is not as comfortable as having keys to do so.
- In the same way, they miss the one that cannot read all formats of eBooks that exist for sale at this time.
- Likewise, the majority agree in emphasizing that they do not agree with the fact that you have to pay to be able to eliminate what advertising is and thus fully enjoy reading without any type of inconvenience.
- There are also those who consider that it is a failure that does not allow customization, for example, what is the home screen.
- It is missing that it does not have a colour screen.
The opinion of the Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader
Once we have given you all the information about the features, advantages and disadvantages of the device, it is time to get the final opinion about the Kindle Paperwhite e-Reader. In this case, we can establish that it is a reading device for digital books of high quality and with some really interesting features. That without forgetting that it offers good value for money. Hence, it is a great alternative for literature lovers.
That valuation that we carry out is shared by those who already have it because they have given a vote of 4.5 out of 5 on Amazon.
Now after all the data that you handle and that we have offered you, it is time for you to decide if it is what you are looking for or not.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API