In recent years, there has been a considerable increase in the market for coffee capsules, which, as the name suggests, work not with ground coffee but with small tubs that carry the coffee inside. The best Nespresso machines are the best sellers. Why are these small appliances successful? Fundamentally because they bring with them an important number of advantages among which are the following:
- They are very fast, so in just seconds, you can have a cup of coffee ready.
- They are very comfortable since you only have to fill the tank with water, place the capsule and press a button.
- Likewise, it is necessary to emphasize the fact that they are very clean and safe since they do not overflow coffee, as usually happens in traditional calls.
- Another of the great benefits of any capsule coffee machine is that it allows you to enjoy a coffee with a flavour similar to that which can be offered in any coffee shop or bar. That is, it has great quality.
Broadly speaking, these are the main benefits of buying a device of this type. However, once a decision has been made to do so, a big question arises: which one? And it is necessary to know that, basically, there are four coffee makers of this type that exist: the Tassimo, the Dolce Gusto coffee machine, the Lavazza and the Nespresso machine.
|NESPRESSO by Krups XN760540 Citiz and Milk Coffee Machine, 1710... best of 2021||563 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Nespresso coffee machines comparison
Although you have four possibilities before you, keep in mind that the Nespresso machines are the most requested in the market. This is so because their coffee has a high quality, because they present a great variety of modalities of this beverage and because their machines have a simple operation as well as effective and efficient.
That without forgetting that they offer a great variety of coffee makers, made fundamentally by the brands DeLonghi and Krups.
If you are going to opt for the last option, surely you will be thinking “what Nespresso coffee machine to buy?” In that case, the best thing you can do is to continue reading, since, then, we will present you with a ranking of the best, depending on their value for money and the opinions of consumers.
1. Nespresso machine Essenza Mini
- Automatic and programmable water quantity control
- Rapid 25 second heating time
- Removable container for used capsules (5 to 6)
- 0.6 L removable water tank
- Nespresso's most compact machine
If you are looking for a modern Nespresso coffee machine do not forget to take into account this other, which is praised, especially because it has an elegant and modern design, because it guarantees a really tasty result and because it is very easy to use, being one of the latest models launched on the market by the Nespresso brand.
Qualities that are reflected in the technical characteristics that it has, such as these that we show you below:
2. Nespresso EN550.B Lattissima Touch
- De'Longhi patented automatic cappuccino system to get cappuccino and lattes automatically into a glass
- Six tactile beverage buttons to choose your favourite coffee drink; ristretto, cappuccino, latte, espresso, long, hot milk
- Reduced heating up time; 25 seconds. Rated voltage/frequency (Volt ~Hz): 220/240~50/60
- Personalised drink option to memorise amount of coffee and milk required for your favourite drink option
- Sliding drip tray to allow use of both coffee cups and latte glasses
If you are looking for a Nespresso machine on offer, this may be what you need. And it is available now in the Amazon online store for a very attractive price.
A class A energy efficiency, its 19 bars of pressure or the fact that it includes an energy-saving mode are some of the aspects that consumers highlight most of the model in question. However, other hallmarks are also highlighted, such as its heating in only 25 seconds, a water tank with a capacity of 0.9 litres, its automatic shutdown in nine minutes or that is made of stainless steel.
In the case that you consider buying this small appliance, keep in mind, in the same way, that it weighs 2.5 kg and that it has dimensions of
17.3 x 32 x 25.8 centimetres.
3. Nespresso Krups Inissia Coffee Maker
- Compact and light: The light Nespresso machine with a trim profile fits in the smallest spaces
- High-tech: Fast heating system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds
- Energy efficient: Power save mode automatically switches machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity (programmable to 30 min)
- Automatic and programmable water sizing
- Recycled: Made of 23.4% recycled plastic, Note:For any troubleshooting contact Nespresso for direct support Telephone: 0800 442 442
Undoubtedly, this Nespresso machine is considered the best in the market in terms of the relationship that you have exposed quality and price, as in Amazon is a very good price. It also stands out that it has a small size (34.2 x 19.1 x 32.7 centimetres) and that it can be obtained in a great variety of colours, to adapt to the tastes of any person and to the decoration of any kitchen.
Analyzing this model more thoroughly, we can underline these other characteristics:
- It weighs 3.4 kg.
- Your deposit has a capacity of 0.8 litres.
- It includes the function of an automatic shutdown and another call flow-stop to avoid coffee overflow.
- It has a pump pressure of 19 bars, which guarantees that the resulting beverage has a perfect aroma and an exquisite flavour.
- Its tray is anti-drip and foldable.
4. Nespresso XN760B40 Nespresso Citiz and Milk
- Includes assortment of 16 Nespresso capsules
- Automatic and programmable water quantity for espressos and lungos
- Thermoblock heating unit, for instant boiling water
- Power-save mode: Machine automatically switches off nine minutes after last use - can be reprogrammed up to 30 minutes
- Integrated Aeroccino lets you prepare creamy hot milk froth
The highest price of this other model of Nespresso coffee machine, from the most expensive we have analyzed so far, compared to the previous ones is due to two technical elements that it has: a flexible magnetic cup shelf and an Aeroccino vaporizer, which is the one allows you to prepare coffee of a higher quality if possible.
It works very simply, the pressure of your pump is 19 bars, includes the automatic shutdown mode and has a tank with a capacity of 0.8 litres. To all that we could also add that weighs 4.2 kg and has a size marked by measures of 37.4 x 27.4 x 31.6 centimetres.
5. Nespresso Pixie Titan
The Nespresso Krups coffee machines have in this model one of their best ambassadors, as it provides undeniable performance and quality. All that without forgetting that this is associated with a really interesting price, which is what you have at the moment in the Amazon online store.
Among its main features, the following stand out:
- Your tray is removable.
- Includes a water level led detector.
- It heats up quickly, thanks to its Thermoblock system.
- It works with the Nespresso capsules that it prepares automatically.
- The capacity of the tank is 0.7 litres.
- It weighs 3.4 kg and has dimensions of 34.3 x 18.9 x 27.9 centimetres.
6. Nespresso Citiz Coffee Machine
- Includes a selection of 16 different Nespresso capsules
- Fast 25 seconds heat up time. Dimensions(WxDxH)(cm): 13.0 x 27.8 x 37.2
- Removable 1 L water tank
- Integrated Aeroccino3 for hot or cold milk froth
- Programmable, one-touch buttons
With this other Nespresso machine we passed the equator of this ranking and entered fully into the most expensive set of proposals on the market because they have higher or more powerful technical properties than the previous ones.
About this, we can highlight the following set of signs of identity that have made it a reference for true coffee enthusiasts:
- It has an automatic function to prepare short or long coffees.
- It has a removable tray.
- It incorporates a lever thanks to which the capsule already used and that is ready to be thrown away is directly expelled.
- It starts up in just over twenty seconds.
- The capacity of your water tank is 1 litre.
Aesthetically speaking, in addition to the colour chosen, it is determined by a weight of 4.3 kg and dimensions of 38.3 x 18.5 x 35.8 centimetres.
7. Nespresso machine Lattisima + Passion Red EN520R
To finish this ranking of the best Nespresso coffee machines in the market, those that work with capsules and allow you to get the highest quality coffees, we want to let you know a model that is the most expensive on this list, so see what it costs here.
DeLonghi is the brand that has come to make this small appliance, which is presented with some really interesting technical properties:
- The pressure of 19 bars.
- Vaporizer and milk dispenser incorporated. Two elements that, among other things, are what allows, for example, that a cappuccino can be prepared automatically.
- Energy efficiency class of type A.
- Removable drip tray, which can be adjusted to the height of any cup you wish to use.
- 0.9-litre water tank.
- Automatic disconnection function
- Weight of 4.5 kg and dimensions of 16.7 x 31.9 x 25.3 centimetres.
- Section for cable storage.
To all that we would have to add that the users who have it stand out from the same its compact appearance and that it is made of stainless steel, since this material what is achieved are to make it much easier to clean and in addition, to have a really modern and elegant appearance.
How to choose Nespresso coffee machine?
You will find several Nespresso machines on the market, all equally valid. At the same time, coffee and its taste are obviously very subjective factors, so you absolutely have to find the machine which, of all, is most likely to satisfy your taste.
This may seem like a very complicated option, but in reality, you just have to keep a few factors in mind. Let’s see which ones together!
You will see that taking advantage of our advice, it is much easier to approach the purchase of a new Nespresso machine. However, we recommend that you always consult the opinions of other users and, in case of doubt, contact a seller.
It is measured in bars and allows, thanks to a special pump, to push the water from the tank into the boiler. Here it is heated to a temperature of around 90 degrees and then inserted into the filter. It is from this operation that the coffee is extracted.
The quality of your coffee, therefore, depends a lot on the pressure. Leading experts in the field say that the pressure of a good machine should be at least 12 to 15 bars. Luckily for you, every Nespresso coffee machine is one of those features, so you can always count on perfect coffee.
First of all, you have to understand where you want to place your new Nespresso coffee machine, in order to understand the space you can devote to it. Too large or too small a machine could be uncomfortable or even unusable, and of course, no one would ever want to waste their money that way.
Comparison Nespresso coffee maker on this basis it will certainly be easier to move towards a more or less small model. The structural size of a machine is also influenced by the capacity of its water tank.
This last factor must therefore also be taken into account. If you live alone, all you need is a machine with a limited capacity, which does not exceed 0.5 litres. Otherwise, if your family is large or if the car is used by an office, you should certainly aim for a model whose capacity exceeds 1 litre.
Another component that is part of the main structure is the so-called cup warmer compartment. This is where you can place the cup so the machine can keep it warm before using it. It is not an element common to all machines, but you will certainly find it in all the most sophisticated models.
Among other things, it almost always comes with the possibility of being able to move or change the size of the space in which to place the cup during dispensing. This will help you use larger cups, perhaps designed to hold an espresso.
Remember to always analyze the functions offered by the different models: when it comes to a Nespresso machine, versatility is essential. From this point of view, you will find everything on the market: from basic machines, which can only deliver espresso, to other more sophisticated and functional models.
As we have already seen, each Nespresso coffee machine has a variable price and can deliver a different range of drinks. If you like homemade cappuccino or if you like to try coffee pods with different flavours, you definitely need a sophisticated model.
There are also functions that are now good or badly common to all models, regardless of the price. Many of them are dedicated to energy consumption, such as the automatic shutdown function, which activates automatically after a certain period of machine inactivity.
Others are more related to the quality and delivery of coffee. You can then find machines that can store the most frequently selected beverage selection settings, or that can speed up the heating process if necessary.
These functions are particularly useful when the machine is used by several people, perhaps in a working environment, and it is, therefore, necessary to optimize the time.
What hot drinks you can make with Nespresso machine?
One of the advantages of coffee machines, especially those that are very versatile like Nespresso, is the possibility of obtaining more drinks.
So, thanks to the Nespresso coffee machine, you can bring all the quality and taste of drinks from the bar to the comfort of your home! In addition, if the machine is located in an office, this will allow you to be automatically more professional in the eyes of your customers.
The main drink is obviously espresso. It can be obtained by using different types of coffee: pods, capsules or powders. When it comes to the Nespresso coffee machines offered, the most cited solution is certainly that of pods. They are also known as ESE pods, an acronym for Easy Serving Espresso.
Nespresso machine tests their practicality resides in the fact that they already contain the perfect dose of coffee to obtain an excellent espresso, eliminating practically all waste and maintaining, thanks to the hermetically sealed packaging, all the taste of coffee practically intact. Most pods on the market are universal, so they are compatible with all coffee machines of all brands. However, it may happen that some models only require specific capsules.
Cappuccino is a very tasty drink, appreciated by young and old. Nespresso with its machines allows you to taste excellent cappuccinos whenever you want, using the special spout. It emits steam which, in contact with milk, helps to create a rich and creamy foam. Obviously, given the high temperatures, you still need to be very careful about how you use it, and you have to get used to it a bit before you can produce foam as perfect as that of the bar.
Finally, if you like herbal teas and good tea, you will certainly appreciate a machine that can also deliver hot water. It will prove perfect for brewing many tasty drinks! Obviously, there are other ways to get hot water, but it is certainly the quickest and most immediate, perfect for those who are always in a hurry or do not want to wait long before enjoying a good tea.
How to maintain the Nespresso machine?
Maintenance not only allows you to extend the average life of your coffee machine but also to always enjoy an excellent espresso.
Each model is unique, which is why, for a detailed description of routine maintenance operations, we recommend that you refer to the user manual. There are, however, some small precautions common to all machines. Let’s see them together!
Remember to always keep the tank clean, as it will be the water that will turn into coffee that you will drink. Rinse it regularly to slow the formation of tartar.
However, it is practically impossible to prevent it from forming. This means that every two or three months you will need to descale. To do this, you will need to bring a special product, which you can find online or in any specialized store.
Many models are capable of doing it themselves, making your life easier! If not, you will find that it is not too complicated, and this simple operation can then do a lot for your coffee machine and the taste of each espresso.
Now, after having read our list, having discovered the models that offer the best value for money, it is time for you to make the decision: what Nespresso coffee machine are you going to buy? Have you considered the option of buying a Dolce Gusto coffee machine?
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API