Top 10 Rollators for Easy Walk
This mobile walker means independence and the right to a self-determined life for all people with mobility problems. A rollator is crucial for mobility and safety at home and outdoors. Our purchase guide and comparison recommends the most popular rollators, informs you about the current product range and helps you to find a rollator that suits you best.
Learn how a rollator is constructed and what rules should be observed when using this walker. Of course, we will provide you with a series of independent and objective test reports that thoroughly deal with the rollators.
1. Drive Red Diamond Deluxe – 2 in 1 rollator and wheelchair
- Transport chair and rollator in one
- Dual cross brace provides added strength
- Tool free adjustable footrests
- Removable carry pouch
- Large 8" castors are suitable for indoor and outdoor use
The model is one of the bestsellers in its category and is able to completely convince the absolute majority of users. Consumers emphasize the space-saving, sophisticated design and reliable function of the Rollers Drive Red Diamond Deluxe.
Combination walker for versatile use The Rollator Drive Red Dimond is a successful combination of a rollator and wheelchair. Due to its small wheel diameter, this model is mainly suitable for shorter, flat stretches. This mobile walker easily withstands a solid weight of up to 130 kg and is equipped with ergonomic, height-adjustable handles. If desired, the model can be pushed either by a user with a disability or by a caregiver. Positive is a wide textile back strap and comfortable, hinged footrests to emphasize.
The shelf is also a textile, removable and lockable bag. A holder for walking sticks, a parking brake and reflectors are also available. In addition, the Drive Medical Diamond Deluxe folds to save space and can be found in the back seat or trunk enough space.
Conclusion – high-quality 2-in-1 rollator –For all those who need a walker as well as a wheelchair for not too long distances, the Rollator Drive Red Dimond is a convincing solution.
2. Days Deluxe – lightweight rollator by Patterson Medical
- Folds easily to just 28 cm/11 inch wide in a standing position, making it easy to store and transport. Can also be folded inwards when in use
- Folds neatly into a compact size. When completely folded down it measures just 66 cm/26 inch high, 28 cm/11 inch wide, 39 cm/15.25 inch deep
- The lightweight (only 7 kg) design aluminium 4 wheel walker is very easy to manoeuvre, indoor or outdoor use with a weight capacity of 130 kg/20.5 stone
- Height adjustable with 5 height settings at 25 mm/1 inch intervals, simple to use loop push lockable parking brakes and comfortable contoured handles
- Supplied complete with a build in rest with canvas backrest, net carry bag and a walking stick holder as standard
This walker from the brand Days Deluxe is popular among consumers and is rated very positively with very few exceptions. Customers find the easy handling, the low weight of the rollator and its appealing design particularly commendable.
Robust lightweight with a small folding dimension
Folded this model is only 28 cm wide and fits easily even in the trunk of a compact car. Thanks to its weight of just 7 kg, the Days Deluxe rollator is easy to handle, with the frame itself being very sturdy and capable of carrying up to 130 kg.
The rollator Days Deluxe by Patterson Medical stands out for its tasteful, elegant design and attractive coloring. The height of the ergonomic handles can be changed between 82 and 94.2 cm, making this model the right choice, especially for medium-sized people. This is also the medium-sized seat height of 54 cm. The Rollator offers a comfortable seat for short breaks on the go, thanks to a fabric seat and textile back strap. Other features include a lightweight, detachable bag, practical walking stick mount and, understandably, a reliable brake mechanism.
Conclusion – high quality equipped rollator for everyday life and holidays –Like most foldable and lightweight rollators, the Days Deluxe model from Patterson Medical is particularly mobile and therefore ideal for a trip. However, this walker will provide reliable help in everyday life and provide more security.
3. Dietz Taima M 4 wheel durable rollator
The walker Dietz Taima M is characterized by a light weight and easy handling. Consumers get the model as good as only praise feedback and praised in particular for a balanced price-performance ratio and for its practicality.
Low weight and high load capacity
Only 6.6 kg brings this model on the scales and is thus one of the lightweights under the rollators. For the user, it means: The rollator can be pushed effortlessly and is also ideally suited, for example, for a ride on public transport.
Despite its low weight, the Dietz Taima M rollator is extremely robust and designed for an above-average load of up to 150 kg. With a seat height of 59 cm, this model is aimed not least at rather tall people. This is supported by the maximum height of the guide handles, which is set at 95 cm relatively high. The minimum height is 79 cm, which gives this walker added flexibility. A detachable bag made of lightweight mesh serves as a practical storage option.
Innovative brake mechanism for more safety, but unfortunately no back strap
The walker Dietz Taima M is equipped with a not quite ordinary and according to manufacturers particularly safe hand brake mechanism. In the meantime, the consumer can adapt to the operation quite quickly. The rollator can be folded with a handle, the width in the folded state is only 24 cm. As a shortcoming, the absence of a back strap to mention, making a really relaxed rest but rather difficult.
Conclusion – decent all-rounder – The rollator Dietz Taima M offers, among other things, a corpulent person a reliable walker in everyday life, whether for home or outdoors.
4. Invacare P452E/3 Banjo – affordable rollator with multiple storage options
- Includes basket, tray and stick holder. Standard wheeled walker made of steel tubing.
The Invacare P452E/3 Banjo walker is a highly successful model that receives almost without exception positive feedback from consumers. The advantageous price, the stable construction as well as the practical storage possibilities are explicitly emphasized.
Moderate weight and solid equipment
The foldable rollator by Invacare, with a dead weight of 9 kg, is still light enough to remain manageable. The aluminium frame is very stable, also a sympathetic look of the trolley is to emphasize extra. The handles can be adjusted several times and thus adapted to the height of the user. The ergonomically shaped seat is designed for comfortable rest on the road and withstands a load of 130 kg without further ado.
The Invacare P452E/3 Banjo offers its users three convenient storage options. In addition to a high-volume wire basket may be placed some utensils such as an umbrella or a few shopping bags on a shelf in front. For a keychain and other trinkets, there is a removable plastic shelf on the seat. Other useful features include safe handbrake, puncture-free PU wheels and reflectors.
Conclusion – reliable walker for everyday life –The Rollator Invacare P452E/3 Banjo is fully suitable for everyday use and for use as a reliable mobile walker for a small price just the right solution.
5. Antar 13709 – Aluminium Folding Rollator
- Premium Aluminium rollator or wheelchair in one, in the heights can be adjusted
- Anatomically shaped hand grips with ballen tray, parking brake and operating brakes, Removable backrest, detachable footrests shopping bag, walking stick grip Ankipp aid in the rear of wheel, reflectors on front wheels
- Is really easy to folds down to a width of only 27 cm, meaning that perfect as a travel rollator and travel chair in a
- Detachable and adjustable footrests
- Maximum user weight 135 kg
The Rollator by Antar is high in the favor of users and gets almost exclusively enthusiastic feedback. Consumers are enthusiastic about the extensive equipment and the attractive price-performance ratio and gladly recommend the model.
Foldable, flexible and stable at the same time
With a weight of only 7.6 kg, this mobile walker is one of the lightweights in the category. At the same time, the aluminium frame proves to be stable and reliable. Thanks to a seat height of 53.5 cm, the rollator is designed primarily for medium-sized people.
A special feature of the rollator Antar 13709 Premium is the possibility to fold the frame in 3-fold to a compact size of only 66 x 27 x 37 cm. In this respect, this walker can be easily transported in the trunk of a small car or in public transport. For added flexibility, the model is equipped with 6-way adjustable, ergonomically shaped handles. Thus, the rollator of Antar can be adapted to the height of the user exactly.
Comfortable seat and convenient storage options
The textile seat is loadable up to 136 kg and even offers the corpulent people comfortable seating. The high-volume bag can be easily removed, here is enough space for various utensils and the supermarket shopping there. A holder for the walking stick is also on board, this equipment together with the reflectors on the wheels is standard today. The rollator runs light and smooth, a parking brake ensures a firm and secure stand.
Conclusion – travel rollator for versatile use –The travel rollator Antar 13709 Premium is by no means designed only for the holiday season. This walker offers all people with mobility problems safe support for on the way and is fully suitable for everyday use.
6. Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare – Drive Red Nitro
- aluminium 4 wheel walker rollator with storage bag seat and backrest.Lightweight and large 10" front castors for easy maneuvrability.
- Castor fork design to enchance turning radius. Removable storage bag with zipper.
- Easy adjustable handle height to suit your needs. From 85cm to 97cm.
- Product dimesnions H 85-97CM X w59cm. Seat D 20cm X Seat width 46cm x seat height 52cm
- Maximum user weight 21 stone /135kgs. Cross brace design for extra stability.
The stylish walker Drive Red Nitro by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare belongs to the upper-class rollators and is equipped with high quality. Consumers are largely in agreement: this model is something special and meets the highest requirements for a modern, mobile walker.
Luxurious design and maximum comfort
Already the festive, bright colour effectively highlights the Red Nitro from the crowd. Another high-quality feature is the shelves and seat made of sturdy fabrics. Particularly practical proves to be a textile, removable bag that is easy to load through a wide opening.
The unique feature of the Roll mobile Drive Red Nitro is an integrated suspension for a smooth transition even on uneven, bumpy surfaces. The walker can be folded to save space with just a few simple steps. The handles are height adjustable between 85 and 97 cm and thus adaptable to the individual body size.
Moderate weight and high resilience
This model can withstand up to 135 kg without any problems and is, therefore, the right choice even for heavy, corpulent people. Its own weight of 9 kg is standard and enables easy handling and easy transport. The other equipment features such as a walking stick mount, parking brake or reflectors are now part of the standard package.
Conclusion – walker for maximum comfort. For all those who are prepared to pay a sum in the low three-digit range for a generously bundled package of comfort features, the Drive Red Nitro is an almost ideal solution. The rollator is suitable for everyday use and even meets high demands. In particular, this
7. Aluminium Rollator Helavo – Lightweight Walker
- ALL IN ONE - the delivery includes the premium rollator with cane holder, shopping and transport bag, various reflectors, ergonomic handles, back strap and step aid.
- COMPACT - The helavo walking frame, which can be used perfectly as a travel walking frame for the elderly due to its foldability, shines through its versatility. The lightweight walker is completely collapsible and very light, making stowage and transportation child's play.
- APPLICABLE INSIDE AND OUT - This medical walking aid is the perfect companion for all environments. The aluminium rollator and its wheels are designed for easy indoor and outdoor applications. The seat and the back belt allow the user a comfortable break.
- AGILITY - Thanks to the high-quality ball bearings of the foldable walker, the 360-degree rotatable axles and the light-hearted rolling wheels, the lightweight walking aid enables its user to walk effortlessly and safely. The enormous manoeuvrability allows turns on the spot and gives the user the desired agility .
- 1 YEAR MONEY BACK - We at helavo are convinced of the quality of our aluminium rollator: If you are not 100% satisfied you will get your money back - up to 1 year after purchase!
This mobile walker from Helavo impresses with its durable construction and several practical details. For the most part, consumers are very satisfied and almost unanimously awarded this model of the upper middle class the highest rating.
Robust, foldable and ideal for medium-sized people
The frame of this stroller can withstand a high weight up to 136 kg without any problems, so the walker from Helavo is the perfect choice for overweight users, among other things. The walker can be folded with just one hand to store the walker in a handy textile bag, which is already included in the delivery.
A special feature of this model is a functional and easy-to-use step aid. This device serves primarily to easily overcome the curb maps. With a seat height of 54 cm and height-adjustable guide handles between 79.5 and 92 cm, this walker is designed for smaller people as well as for people of average height. The walker weighs around 8.0 kg and is therefore handy and suitable for everyday use. The shelf is a high-volume, lockable and removable fabric bag.
Conclusion – reliable walker. The Rollator Helavo is up to all tasks that stand in front of a mobile walker inside and outside. The model gives a secure feeling and is equally well suited for use in a city or in the countryside.
8. EC X FOLD Lightweight folding high-quality rollator walker
- Lightweight folding rollator has lightweight solid 8 inch black tyres for indoor or outdoor use. Comes standard with a shopping bag.
- Folds flat for easy storage and transportation. Arthritic friendly loop lock brakes, can be used to slow down or to stop and lock on completely.
- Handles are easily adjustable in height. (tool free). Includes free cane / walking stick holder.
- Easy, one hand folding. Backrest for when seated on the rollator. All 4 wheels are quick release making the whole rollator more compact for storage / transportation.
- Small red reflectors on rear of stepper and side of the front wheel hanger. Weight capacity 115kg (18 stone). Available in metallic silver or blue.
This walker is part of the upper middle class and is very popular with consumers. Almost without exception, the feedback is extremely positive, with the low weight and uncomplicated handling of the model being especially praised.
Slim design solution and practical features
The model EC X FOLD is characterized by a decidedly elegant and at the same time functional design. With a weight of only 6.9 kg, this walker is one of the lightest on the market and thus qualifies itself particularly as a mobile travel walker and for travel by public transport.
The walker EC X FOLD can be folded with a simple handle to be stowed in the trunk of a vehicle. Positive is a high load capacity up to 115 kg to emphasize so that the EC X FOLD is the right solution even for corpulent users. The back strap is wide enough to ensure adequate comfort when resting on the seat. A sleek semi-transparent mesh bag provides ample storage for shopping and utensils. Safety is ensured by a reliable handbrake, for more comfort – a walking stick mount. The handles are height adjustable between 86 and 97 cm, to be adapted to the individual body size.
Conclusion – extra lightweight rollator for more mobility in everyday life and holidays. This walker can be used at home, on the road in a hectic city or on vacation with equal success.
9. NRS MobilityCare rollator – affordable and lightweight wheeled rollator
- NRS MobilityCare Aluminium Four Wheeled Rollator M39634 Walking Aid - Seat & Shopping Basket
- Sturdy, lightweight & easy to manoeuvre with large 8" swivel wheels
- The padded seat and backrest provide comfort for sitting if you need to rest
- Height adjustable: 770 - 910mm (30.25 – 35.5”). Product weight: 8.4 kg (18. 5lb). Max user weight: 127kg (20 st)
- Easy to operate loop brakes
This functionally designed walker receives a lot of praise from the users, not least the favorable price-performance ratio is positively highlighted.
Neat and robust
Agile and smooth-running wheels, reflectors and a walking stick mount – the NRS MobilityCare is contemporary in design and has a modest dead weight of 8.4 kg.
The rollator offers the user two storage options: a removable wire basket and a tray made of transparent plastic, which is intended primarily for use indoors. A wide and soft padded seat, as well as a padded and sturdy back strap, transform this mobile walker into a comfortable seat on request. The Walker NRS MobilityCare is designed with a seat height of 54 cm and load capacity up to 127 kg for medium-sized people.
Conclusion – reasonably priced rollator for every application. The NRS MobilityCare walker is the right choice for anyone looking for quality and comfort at a fair price.
Trendmobil 56 – Lightweight Rollator
- Sturdy aluminium frame and yet very lightweight.
- Height-adjustable handles.
- Padded back frame and padded seat.
- Foldable and with PU tyres.
- Lightweight rollator including stick holder, basket and document compartment with zipper under the seat.
Ideal for walking and resting
With a weight of only 6.7 kg, this rollator is one of the lightest on the market and is therefore particularly handy. The ergonomically shaped handles can be adjusted several times to precisely adjust the height to the needs of the user.
Thanks to a seat height of 56 cm, the
However, it should be noted that this mobile walker is designed only for people weighing less than 120 kg and is therefore not the first choice for very corpulent users. In a compact basket under the seat find enough space for purchases, purse and possibly other trifles. A handbrake provides more safety, a holder for the walking stick – for more mobility.
Conclusion – everyday walker of the middle class
This walker is designed as a reliable and undemanding mobility aid in everyday life. The
What is a rollator walker?
A rollator walker, otherwise called a walker, is a mobile, mechanical walker for people with mobility problems. A rollator is a combination of a chassis on four wheels, a shelf and a seat.
What models of rollator walkers are available on the market?
There is three types the mobile walking aids in several groups in order to get a better overview of the range of rollators. Please take into account that the mentioned groups partially overlap.
First, there is a difference between the foldable and foldable rollators:
- A foldable rollator can be folded to save space, reducing the width to just 24 – 26 cm. The small folding dimension is made possible thanks to a textile, flexible seat and a foldable back strap made of sturdy plastic. The foldable rollators are fully suitable for everyday use and are especially qualified as travel rollators.
- The foldable rollators can also be folded for transport or when not in use, but only the rear wheels are moved forward and the seat up. Overall, the folding size proves to be slightly higher compared to the foldable rollators, so these models are not the first choice as travel rollators. A plus point is a sturdy seat padded with imitation leather or other durable fabric. On a folding rollator, it can be comfortably seated in most cases.
After the application area, the walkers can be divided into all-rounders and indoor rollators:
- As an all-rounder, the walking aids are to be designated, which can be used both indoors and outdoors. The vast majority of rollators are designed as agile and robust all-rounders.
- A particularly compact model, which has no seat and is designed for short distances, is called indoor walker. This embodiment lends itself, for example, in such cases as a practical solution, when the user relies on an electric or mechanical wheelchair to move outside. Most of the indoor rollators are foldable models.
There is another way to classify the walkers:
- Pure rollators, so a combination of a walker and a seat. The vast majority of rollators are pure rollators in this sense.
- Wheelchair Rollators. These walkers can also be used as a compact wheelchair, so a person with mobility problems can be pushed sitting by a caregiver. For more comfort and safety, such models are equipped with sturdy footrests. The combi-walking aids are designed especially for shorter distances and not intended as a full replacement for a wheelchair.
Who needs a rollator walker?
A mobile walker on four wheels is basically the right choice for all people with a disability, regardless of their cause. A disability can be the result of cardiovascular disease or surgery. Most often, however, the uncertainties occur when walking in advanced age, therefore, the elderly are also the largest group of users of these aids. A walker is suitable for anyone who can not move independently without a walker.
How to use a rollator walker correctly?
A rollator should always be held with both hands on the respective handle and pushed in front of him. In order to avoid the risk of falling, you should not carry the walker too far in front of you. Make sure that your wrists lie comfortably on the handles and that your arms are neither too stretched out nor too bent. The height of the handles can be changed in multiple stages with each rollator. If a rollator is loaded with purchases, it is advisable to go backwards and very carefully when crossing curbs. When boarding public transport, use the wide entrance for the stroller and remember to secure the rollator with a parking brake before departure. When loading it is important to pay attention to the even distribution of the load. Whenever you use the rollator for rest, apply parking brakes.
How does this rollator walker works?
Hundreds of Rollator models can be found on the market, but almost all of them are based on the same principle. The core element of a walker is a framemade of light metal, usually made of aluminum, which is equipped with four rollers. The front wheels are pivotable for greater mobility and maneuverability. The frame can be pushed with two hands using ergonomically shaped handles. At the same time, each handle usually has a handbrake to provide more safety on sloping terrain, for example. In addition, a parking brake is standard on every rollator. The height of the handles can be changed several times in each model to optimally adapt the rollator to the individual height of the user.
A seat is integrated into the frame, for more comfort, there is a back strap or back strap. In addition, today’s rollators are virtually invariably equipped with one or even more shelves for various utensils and purchases. Each walker can be either folded to facilitate transport. Our product comparison and guide inform you in detail below about the features of a rollator.
What to look for when you are buying rollator?
- What is your body weight? Depending on the model, the maximum load capacity of a rollator is between 120 and 150 kg. Especially overweight people are well advised to pay attention to the resilience of the selected model.
- Will you always go shopping or shopping with rollator? In this case, the filing is particularly important. A wire basket looks elegant, but smaller utensils can fall between the bars and get lost. A fabric bag is more practical in this regard, but the contents are kept less clear.
- Where do you want to use the rollator? For longer walks with frequent breaks a stable, foldable rollator offers. More mobility is guaranteed by a foldable walker, which you can carry in the trunk of your car or as luggage when travelling by train or plane. An all-round walker is designed for indoor and outdoor use, if you only need a mobile walker in the interiors, a compact, a space-saving indoor walker is ideal.
- Would you like to use the rollator with a seat? Then, among other things, pay attention to the back support. The wider the back strap, the more comfortable you can sit. A back bar should be softly padded.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API