You want to be in shape and be able to boast both enviable silhouette and good health. However, you have a problem: you have very little time to go to the gym or directly to go running. In this case, what you are interested in is having a treadmill at home, the ideal complement to your small domestic gym along with other basic ones such as the pull-up bar or the classic exercise bike.
Yes, in this way, you will take advantage of any time you are at home to do some exercise. Of course, choosing one of these sports items is not an easy task, so, then, we are going to give you a series of data and tips so you can acquire the most suitable one for you and your pocket.
Benefits of using a treadmill
The first thing you must be clear before proceeding to buy this sports machine is the set of advantages that its use will allow you to enjoy. Specifically, among the most significant are the following:
- It will significantly improve both your blood circulation and your blood pressure.
- It will help you lose those extra kilos that worry you.
- It will give you the opportunity to exercise while watching television, listening to the radio and even while reading a book.
- Keep in mind that a great benefit compared to runners who go out is that the surface of the treadmill causes less impact and, therefore, the knees suffer much less.
- It will allow you to stay in good shape without having to leave the house.
Tips for buying a treadmill
Just as it is important to know the advantages of having a treadmill in the home, it is also vital to have clear the aspects in which you have to look to buy it. In this sense, these are the most relevant criteria in this regard:
- Type of tape, since there are two: motorized and manual. The latter are those that work through a wheel of inertia.
- The dimensions of the room where you are going to place it, in order to choose the model that fits them.
- It’s power. This characteristic must be taken into account to be able to choose the one that suits the activity that you plan to do with the machine, walk or run. If it is just walking, it will be enough with 1.75 HP, although if it is for running it must have a minimum of 2 HP.
- Fixed or folding. Another choice that you should make when enjoying a treadmill offer is if you want it to be one way or another. The difference between one and another is that the second can be folded, thus occupying less space, and the first can not. Of course, the fixed ones are more resistant as a general tonic.
Comparison of the best treadmill models
|1||Merax REDLIRO Folding Treadmill Electric...||£355.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||bigzzia Motorised Treadmill, Under Desk...||£349.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||CITYSPORTS Folding Motorised Treadmill,...||327 Reviews||£299.00||Buy on Amazon|
|4||REDLIRO Folding Walking Treadmill for...||£379.00||Buy on Amazon|
|5||JLL S300 Digital Folding Treadmill, 2021...||432 Reviews||£579.99||Buy on Amazon|
Once you have been able to know the most essential data that you must take into account in order to buy this sports machine, it is time for you to know what the market offers you. For that, next, we are going to show you the best treadmills that you now have at your fingertips:
1. BH Fitness PIONEER JOG WG6482
- Convert your fitness trainer in an i. Concept by BH with your mobile or tablet. (Dual-kit included)
- Walk, jog or run, thanks to the 2.5 HP motor which provides a quiet yet powerful speed between 1 and 16 km/h.
- Intensify your running exercise with the electric incline up to 10%. - Prevent muscle and joints injuries during your cardio workout, thanks to the 6 elastomers shock absorbing system.
- Challenge and motivate yourself with the monitor with 3 LED windows and 7 pre-set profiles.
- Comes with manufacturer warranty of 2 years (exp. wearing parts) and 8 years on the frame and engine
In our ranking of the best treadmills could not miss this other, endorsed by the BH brand and is now available on Amazon.
It is identified by its 2.5 HP engine, its inclination of 4%, its wheels to facilitate the transport of the sports machine and, also, that allows reaching speeds between 1 and 16 kilometres per hour.
Among the set of features that can be highlighted in it, we have to highlight, in the same way, its three LED screens with a total of seven predefined profiles, which is foldable and has an approximate weight of 55 kilos. As for dimensions, its size is 160 x 74 x 135 centimeters.
2. Cecotec treadmill with 12 preset programmes
- Professional treadmill with 12 preset programmes and 5 speeds. Adjustable speed: from 0.8 km/h to 14 km/h.
- LED display with control panel: speed, time, distance, calories, heart rate, and scan function. Wide running surface.
- Does not take much space: collapsible hydraulic system. Wheels for an easy transportation.
- Magnetic safety system. Three inclination levels to simulate real slopes.
- Accessories: cup holders, safety clip, handlebars with foam, LED display, and slot for devices.
You can find it now on Amazon, where it is the most sold. This is due to the fact that it has a great relationship between value and features, among which it stands out that it is foldable with hydraulic system, which has a total of twelve predefined programs and that five different speeds can be selected, between 0.8 and the 14 kilometres per hour.
In addition, it has VCS damping, three levels of inclination, a functional LED screen from which to select all the parameters that are desired and different accessories. Among the latter are a bottle holder, a grip arm or a safety clip.
It includes a heart rate monitor, its stroke surface is 123 x 40 centimetres and has a 2 HP motor.
3. Fit4home F4H JK02 Treadmill
- JK-02 Compact treadmill come with a top speed of 9.9km which is considerably higher than other treadmills on the market including confidence treadmill and prestige treadmill. The belt size is a generous 1000x325mm, again larger than any competitors in this price range.
- The on-board treadmill digital computer allows you to set goals and targets including monitoring your speed, duistance, time and calories burnt. There are a couple of drinks holders for convenience aswell. On the front of the treadmill display is the emergency stop key, a vital compenent for home usage.
- You can also select the 3 pre-set fitness programs to meet your varying needs and allow yourself to progress as you become fitter. There are also support handlebars ideal for the new user or for those looking to recover from an injury. This machine is ideal for building up from a walking pace and eventually getting yourself upto a good jogging speed.
- The JK-02 treadmill offers a lot for a little money including the fact it is really compact and folds ups extremely easily. There is an adjustment knod, which when pulled will release the treadmill from it's closed position. The treadmill is relatively light, only weight about 23kg making it easy to move and position. The motor size is also small (evident from the pictures), whcih means the treadmill can fold fully.
- Buy with peace of mind through Amazon directly or from the UK supplier Fit4home. The treadmill has a 1 year warranty and you can call Fit4home for any advice you may need.
If you are looking for a cheap treadmill because you can not afford to make a large financial outlay now, keep in mind that the one in front of you is a really interesting option.
Of this model we can emphasize that it is foldable, that is endowed with a motor of 2 HP of continuous power and 1000W, that incorporates tray antiskid and that possesses a tape with a size of 125 x 62 centimetres.
Of course, do not forget that it reaches speeds of up to 10 km per hour, which is indicated for beginners or for those who are at a medium level and can support a maximum weight of 130 kilos.
4. DKN EzRun Treadmill
- Premium quality treadmill for serious training! Extra wide (52cm / 20.5") running belt with length of 140cm (55") provides ample space for even the tallest of users. True 1.75 HP continuous duty motor (3.5 HP Peak) provides a top speed of 20 km/h (12.5 mph).
- 0-12% motorised incline functionality - Perfect for jogging at high incline and burning through calories & weight loss! Select speed and incline using the Quick Keys on the console for interval training, and use the handlebar controls for safer adjustments as you run.
- Cushioning System reduces impacts on joints and provides support so you run stably and comfortably on the generous sized running deck. Thick running belt offering good grip. Fold the deck up when not in use to take up less space at home. Get the treadmill out of the box and ready to use faster as it comes 95% pre-assembled!
- 25 workouts including 15 pre-set programmes designed by personal trainer for effective sessions that you can tailor to your fitness level. 3 countdown, 3 heart rate controlled and 1 body fat programme plus you can create 3 user-defined ones and get more personal feedback by using the 2 user profiles. Heart rate measurement can be achieved with pulse grip sensors or Bluetooth Smart wireless receiver with an optional chest strap.
- Clear blue backlit 5” LCD shows your feedback: Speed, Incline, Distance, Time, Programme, Calories & Pulse. Integrated Bluetooth Chip. Compatible App: Kinomap. Delivery of this item is to GROUND FLOOR, Mainland postcodes only.
Buying a DKN treadmill is a total success since it is a brand praised in the sector that offers guarantees of resistance, reliability and quality. In this case, it presents a model for intensive and folding use, equipped with a self-cooling motor of 1.75 HP continuously, a peak power of 3.5 HP, fifteen levels of inclination and speeds ranging between 0 and 20 kilometres per hour.
In this list of features and functionalities, it should not be overlooked either that it has a 3.3-millimetre thick orthopaedic carpet, twelve exclusive training programs and the Shock Progressive Absorbing system, which improves support and cushioning.
What is against? His weight of 120 kilos and that has a price that is not available to all pockets.
5. Sportstech F65 8.5 HP
- PROFESSIONAL DC ENGINE: for high performance training: 8.5 HP peak power / 6 HP constant power for up to 25 km/h speed -Running machine with quiet long-life engine. Don´t stop!
- EXTRAS: A 7-inch display with MP3 function, USB connection and high-quality stereo speakers ensures your entertainment during your workout
- PROGRAMMS: Discover your favourite workout among 109 pre-installed training programs and an individually programmable workout. Or train even more effectively with the HRC function and a pulse belt.
- SAFETY: The 5-layer high-tech running surface with extra wide side treads offers you a safe workout. The multi-zone cushioning system Chushion Flex is joint-gentle and shock-reducing.
- DIMENSIONS: 2080x850x1330 mm - Running surface:1600x600mm - Ground clearance:(central without incline) 180mm - Dimensions side rails: 1500x105mm. Max. user weight: 200 KG. IMPORTANT - Delivery only up to the kerb.
The ranking that we have made to help you find the perfect treadmill we will conclude with this, which is not available to everyone since its price is a bit high.
A value that is explained because it has a long list of properties and functions that deserve to be taken into consideration. Specifically, we can highlight, in the first place, that it is aimed at professionals, that it has a 7-inch screen, a total of 109 pre-programmed workouts, an 8.5 HP peak power engine and the possibility of reaching up to 25 kilometres per hour.
In the same way, we can not forget that it can support a maximum of 200 kilos of weight, that its race surface is 1600 x 600 millimetres and that it includes a function for USB and MP3 function.
But in case you think it’s not enough, keep in mind that this sports machine is also identified by its multiple absorption cushions, its high-tech five-layer tread surface and an HCR function with a pulse belt.
Now, after having read all this information that aims to improve your fitness, it is time to analyze it thoroughly. It is the moment for you to think about what you need and how much you can invest and so proceed to be clear about which model of treadmill is best suited to you.
In your hands is the decision. Of course, when you have it at home and start using it, follow these simple tips:
- Have a bottle of water handy to hydrate at all times.
- Warm and cool before exercising.
- Dress appropriately and, above all, wear the most appropriate footwear to avoid injuries.
- Until you get in shape, go running and increasing the time, speed and intensity progressively.
And you, do you know what treadmill you’re going to buy?
Remember that to keep track of your daily physical activity, it is best to buy the best fitness tracker on the market.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API