It is almost impossible to compare all the electronic welding masks available without professional help. There are too many of them! Fortunately, our team has madе а list of the best auto-darkening welding masks to help you make the right choice. All the models in the list below are presented on the market. You can find a set of convenient features on our site, such as honest customer reviews and a detailed product description. This article will help you choose the best welding mask on the market!
Which are the best welding masks?
- 【Quick Reaction Time & Auto Darkening】Switching Time:1/25000s, fast change into darkening state accordingly when welding; Variable Shade DIN 9-13 suits various work; The Welding Helmet meets...
- 【2 Independent Sensors & Manual adjustment】 Welding Mask with sensitivity and delay settings for adaptability for different environments and task durations;Light level of filter is DIN4 and the...
- 【Wide and Clearity of View & Solar Powered】Large viewing screen 93 x 43mm (3.66 *1.69 inch)gives you a broader view in different kinds of welding operations; effectively to darken the surrounding...
- 【Comfortable Headgear & Well Balanced Design】Balanced with an adjustable and fatigue-free comfortable headgear,including a very comfortable sweat band(washable).Adjustable headgear provides a...
- Auto-Darkening Welding Mask- The welding helmet build in the filter lens darkens automatically when welding. Response time less than 1/10000S.
- UV/Infrared-Resistant - Equipped with adjustable sensitivity and delay settings to suit your needs. Stepless adjustment from DIN9 to DIN13(Dark State) DIN4(Light State). UV Transmissivity less than...
- Solar Welding Helmet - Solar battery panels provide power when welding. Note that the solar battery panels can't store electricity, so they can't be charged under the sun when not welding. Build in an...
- Viewing area size: 3.62 * 1.65 inch (92 * 42 mm). The color shown that you can see is blue-green during welding. Suitable for most welding applications (MMA / MIG / MAG / TIG).
- Automatic Sensitive The built-in sensor can automatically change the color of the glass in seconds to avoid harmful radiation and harmful light generated by the arc and protect the eyes to avoid...
- PC Glass Material The welding glasses adopt high-quality PC material which is strong and durable, protects your eyes effectively, and has a long service life. Even when attacked by something shrill,...
- Solar Energy The mask adopts solar screen glass, which can be used for a longer time, and the solar energy is environmentally friendly and economical. Suitable for construction work, argon arc welding...
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Great For TIG MIG MMA
- Viewing Size 9.2X4.2 cm with 2 Premium Sensors
- Better clarity, True colour view - 1/1/1/2 Optical Clarity
- Cheater Lens / Magnifying Lens Compatible Design
- Great For TIG MIG MMA, Plasma Applications with Grinding Feature
- Super Large Viewing Size 10X9.3cm with 4 Premium Sensors
- Better clarity, True colour view - 1/1/1/2 Optical Clarity
- Increased battery life
- ULTIMATE EYE PROTECTION:Auto-darkening filter switches from light to dark in 1/25000 sec, in event of electric failure, the welder remains protecting against UV and IR radiation according to shade...
- MANUAL ADJUSTMENT MEETS DIFFERENT DEMANDS: Equipped with sensitivity and delay settings for adaptability for different environments and task durations; Enjoy enhanced visibility and color...
- CLEAN COMFORTABLE VIEW: Equipped with standard 3.62’’ x 1.65’’ clear visor viewing area; Diffusion of light, variation of luminous transmittance and angular dependence allowing the welder to...
- INTELLIGENT, PRACTICAL AND COST-EFFECTIVE: The Auto Darkening Filter (ADF DX-500S) enables welders to adapt to various working environments by controlling the shade of the lens; Sensitivity...
- CLEAN COMFORTABLE VIEW: Unique hemispherical enclosure protection solution can protect damage from all sides. Equipped with 3.94‘’×3.27‘’ultra large viewing area and differences angles of...
- ULTIMATE EYE PROTECTION: Auto-darkening filter switches from light to dark in 1/10000 seconds, in event of electric failure, the welder remains protecting against UV and IR radiation, the great...
- MEETS DIFFERENT DEMANDS: The large area of solar cell will change the harmful arc and supply enough power to change the screen. Combined with highly sensitive probe can emit a signal that makes the...
- INTELLIGENT, PRACTICAL AND COST-EFFECTIVE: Battery powered with solar panel technology not only for longer life, but also provides support for energy conservation and environmental protection. Apply...
- 【Large Viewing Screen】- Amazingly widen lens only with GoGonova today! 100mm×97mm wide viewing powered by the updated True-Color technology restore every details of working conditions. Improved...
- 【Smart Darkening Filter】- 4 independent smart sensors provide auto-darkening function in millisecond. No matter what grinding or welding applications, like SMAW, MIG, TIG, GTAW, etc, GoGonova...
- 【Customizability】- In additional to sensors, the helmet offers manual function to adjust both sensitivity and dark shade upon your need.
- 【Comfortable Headgear】- The inside of our welding mask is made of premium sponge. The surface is covered with sweat-absorbing material, which are more breathable and comfortable.
- Variable dark shade 8-12 (100V)
- Head suspension with smooth ratchet for precise tightening
- Delay function to set the dark-to-light opening time
- Three sensitivity levels
- Auto-Darken Design- Auto-darkening Welding Goggles are made of PC material, which is strong, shockproof and unbreakable. They automatically darken to the appropriate level when they sense extreme...
- Multi Use- In terms of shading, these goggles feature #3 shading, but when they darken, they can darken to between level #3 and #11. This means that the T TOVIA Auto Darkening Welding Helmet are ideal...
- Humanized Design- The Welding Goggles are powered by solar energy. This is convenient because you never have to replace batteries. Large window design, wider field of view.Goggles frames can be...
- Our Advantages- Lightweight structure, single glasses weight only 60g.Simply put, lighter goggles are more comfortable to wear and will cause less strain on the neck.The other important feature is...
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising
Why do I need a welding mask?
Welding is a delicate activity that produces various emissions which can be harmful to the human organism. Thus, its practice requires the use of special equipment, including the protective mask.
Our objective through this article is to show the advisability of using a mask when you practice. The demonstration will be based mainly on the roles of the welding mask and the advantages of its use.
Which Helmet is Right for You?
Soldering consists of creating an important electrical reaction between a soldering iron and the support that one wants to weld to cause the melting of the soldering iron. This reaction causes excessive heat production and, therefore, a significant temperature rise. This temperature rise is accompanied by an overproduction of very bright blue light and ultraviolet rays.
All these emissions of heat and light are not likely to preserve your eyes. They can cause severe damage to the retina and the lens. It is mainly for this reason that you should protect your eyes when you are welding.
Welder’s goggles provide pretty good eye protection, especially when you buy a pretty efficient model, but it’s not enough, and you’ll see why.
Face protection with the welding mask
The produced heat may be enough to burn your facial skin. This risk increases when you use powerful devices that can produce huge amounts of heat. This is why only goggles are not enough. You have to opt for a welding mask in order to protect your entire face.
In addition, the risks of exposure to ultraviolet rays must be taken into account. In fact, when these rays are emitted, and they come into direct contact with the eye, this can cause irritation of the cornea, conjunctivitis, cataracts, or even eye cancer, regardless of what these same rays can attack the skin.
Anyway, it is better to protect the whole face to avoid the risk of eye damage and the risk of skin burns.
In addition, the mask also protects your lungs against several dangerous ailments.
Protection of the lungs with the automatic welding mask
Welding produces other types of waste that can affect lung health. These are mainly emissions of dust, gas and smoke.
When you inhale these elements, they deposit in your bronchi and cause lesions, leading to the rupture of the capillaries and, therefore, a haemorrhage. In this case, you will start to cough and spit blood. This kind of condition can be fatal for you.
Here is another reason to protect yourself with a welding mask: goggles will not protect your nostrils but a mask.
Despite its relatively higher cost than the goggles, you will need to protect and preserve your health first.
Welding is one of the most used techniques in most industrial jobs, but it is also one of the most dangerous. For this reason, it is essential to have a good work team that guarantees maximum safety throughout the process. The most exposed parts are usually the face, neck and eyes since there is a risk that some of the sparks that are produced during welding will jump. In addition, the eyes are also exposed to ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Therefore, choosing an appropriate mask should be a priority.
What are the factors that influence the choice of a helmet for welding
Two very important factors must be considered when choosing a welding mask: Eye protection and heat transmission. As we have mentioned, the eyes are one of the most exposed parts during welding work, so you should always choose models that guarantee greater resistance to any danger. Regarding heat transfer, if you will work for long sessions, you should opt for repelling heat materials.
What types of welding masks are there
Choosing a suitable welding shield is essential when undertaking any project. Before buying one model or another, it is necessary to check what type of mask is best suited to the task to be performed and the previous experience of the person going to use it.
Hand held masks
It is one of the most traditional models, and it receives this name because it must be held with one hand while welding is being carried out with the other. To use this solder mask requires some skill and experience. Because of this, it is used in minor tasks. The price of hand held welding screens is usually lower than in other models.
They provide complete head protection, covering a large area of the head. Unlike the previous model, these masks grant greater freedom since both hands can be used to perform the task. Thanks to this, higher quality and uniform results can be achieved.
This type of model is very comfortable to wear, being attached to the head by means of an adjustable headrest. Likewise, they can be lowered completely with a simple movement of the head.
Auto darkening welding masks
Auto-darkening welding masks are the most modern model currently on the market. They are equipped with an electronic module that detects the radiation generated and adapts the helmet for welding according to the type, making it darker to offer greater resistance. In addition, they have side screens that greatly increase the field of vision, which allows working with a greater field of vision.
They are a perfect choice for people who do not have much experience in welding, as they offer excellent resistance and allow greater control throughout the process.
How to know which welding mask to choose
Due to the great importance of the welding mask, you should always select quality models that guarantee maximum safety. The factors that most influence the quality of welding masks are the glass, the screen regulations, and the materials’ quality. The quality of the glass is classified according to three figures, which appear inside the mask. The first figure refers to the quality of the glass, with 1 being the best score and 2 being the worst. The next one assesses the diffraction of light, and the score is between 1 (the best) and 3 (the worst). Finally, the homogeneity in the dark tone is assessed, the note is established as in the previous case.
- The crystal. The quality of the glass is classified according to three figures, which appear inside the mask. The first figure refers to the quality of the glass, with 1 being the best score and 2 being the worst. The next one assesses the diffraction of light, the score is between 1 (the best) and 3 (the worst). Finally, the homogeneity in the dark tone is assessed, the note is established as in the previous case.
- The regulation of the screen. It is essential that in a mask, the screen can be adjusted according to the ambient light in order to work more comfortably.
- Quality of materials. The higher the quality of the materials, the better the protection they offer and the longer the useful life.