The market for cameras is now huge. In all photoshops and of course, online, you will now find a range of cameras that adapt to your individual needs. A special camera type is the game camera, which until a few years ago eked still a niche and was mainly used by hunters. The main areas of application of the game camera were, for example, wild crossings and so-called churning (lock feeding) in forest areas. Hunters still use these cameras many times today.
Nevertheless, private households have also joined the buyer group. Especially in times when the burglary numbers continue to increase and many residents want to know what is happening in front of and around their house, the game camera is now also very well received by this target group. Online you can find out about the numerous wildcat types in forums. So that you do not have to bother, we present for you the 9 best game cameras compared, explain the technical components and then give you many useful tips along the way, what you when buying a Wildlife must watch out.
EARTHTREE 12 MP 1080p Full HD Hunting Camera
- 【High Quality Resolution】The trail camera takes vivid 14M images, detailed 1080P videos with clear sounds recorded. It will identify the surrounding movement and make wise recordings. Brightly colored photos are captured during day time and black and white at night.
- 【Impressive Trigger Speed】The whole 0.5s trigger time of the central IR sensor is more sensitive and accurate than those with 0.7s. Every detected movement will be recorded in real time and you are guaranteed to never miss any breathtaking moments.
- 【Infrared Technology & Upgraded Night Vision】The automatic IR sensor with 24 invisible LEDs 940nm infrared technology will not bright any flash under working mode. No worry about scaring targets away. The night captures get much improved and better centralized. There is no more obvious lighting circles in the record.
- 【Waterproof Design & Low Power Consumption】The IP66 hunting game camera is dust-proof and water-proof, ideal for outdoors activities like wildlife monitoring and hunting, plants and pets observation, home security and etc. The 8AA LR batteries(not included) can live up to 3-6 months, taking up to tens of thousands pictures. The long life range and low power consumption gives more captures, bringing much convenience and pleasure.
- 【Extensive Functions & 12-Month Warranty】There are optional modes offered meet for your requirement: Camera/Video/ Camera & Video. Other vital features like Timer, Time Lapse, Interval Recording, Time Stamp, Password Protection,and Low Battery Alarm gives wonderful user experience in different situation. Our 12-month warranty and 24-hours professional service guarantee all dear customers rights. Any questions, please contact us: Support1: email us in Amazon; Support2: firstname.lastname@example.org.
High-resolution images pose no problem for wildlife cameras today. The
- Trigger with 0.5 seconds
- Interval recording, time lapse, timer, password protection, time stamp, low battery alarm are functions that are integrated into the camera
- Housing of the camera is waterproof and dustproof
- Operating temperature is in the range of -20 to 60 degrees Celsius
- Use also in difficult situations with a lot of rain or thunderstorms
- Fully automatic infrared filter
- Camera supports SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Operation also possible in energy-saving mode
Note: that the memory card is not included. In addition to the camera, the delivery set includes a USB cable, mounting material and a user manual. Furthermore, you can leave the camera running for up to 6 months in standby mode.
2. ICUserver 3G – security camera
- NO prior knowledge necessary - easy to use for anyone and everyone: Open unpack insert batteries download the mobile app and get started! The camera has a lens with a 50 degree angle view. This version with a normal lens (50° angle view) is ideal for hunting or for direct surveillance. An 8GB SD card and 12 AA alkaline batteries are included. Sending images is only possible with the original SIM card. NEW: Transmission function can be turned on and off via mobile phone
- Cost effective and immediate, flexible installation! Weatherproof and location-independent mobility! Ideal for use on farms, weekend cottages, churches and chapels, plots of land, vineyards, and car parks. Perfect for use in places where it isn’t possible to connect to WLAN/Wifi or temperatures do not allow it. Works with networks: 3, O2, Vodafone, EE :
- Transfer of images and SIM card: The multi SIM card, which is already inserted, works throughout Europe and works only in connection with the ICUhunt camera. Conforms to GDPR and made in Austria: Images can be viewed and managed either via your mobile phone or your personalised website. You can share saved images with other users as often as you want and the photos can be forwarded to as many email addresses as desired.
- NO MONTHLY or OTHER FIXED COSTS | The ICUserver COIN system ensures full transparency and control of costs: Costs are only incurred when your camera sends images. Your COIN balance will decrease every time an image is sent. You purchase the DESIRED number of image credits (COINS) in advance via the SHOP (with Sofort, PayPal or credit card). ONE COIN is equivalent to one standard sized image (VGA, approx. 60 kB).
- Advantages of the COIN system: COINs do not expire and can also be used with more of your own ICUtrap or ICUhunt cameras. Any COINS purchased and not used will remain valid (no expiration!). COIN balance will be assigned to your user account. You can use your balance for one or more cameras. PRICES:300 COINS=ca.GBP 7.8(EUR9.0) / 1,000 COINS=ca. GBP 17.4(EUR20.0) / 5,000 COINS=ca. GBP 63(EUR75.0) / 10,000 COINS=ca. GBP 122(EUR140.0) / 20,000 COINS=ca. GBP 210(EUR240.0)
They have already read about wild game cameras developed specifically for hunters. The
- Models with 50 degree lens (hunting camera) or 100 degree FOV lens (security camera)
- Image resolution adjustable in 5/8/12 megapixels
- 56 invisible infrared LEDs provide 15 meters night vision distance
- Clear and sharp images in daylight and at night
- adjustable PIR sensitivity, multi-trigger, adjustable pauses between the motion releases, time-lapse, timer
- built-in 2 inch color screen
The SIM card works throughout Europe and rates are valid for 12 months.
3. AlfaView Wildlife Camera 16MP 1080p HD
- 【Full HD Resolution】This game camera preserves every breathtaking moment of wildlife in high-performance 16-megapixel image resolution, brightly colored photos are captured during the daytime (black and white at night), takes up to 3 photos per detection. The 1080P HD video is also with the very clear sound.
- 【Faster 0.2s Trigger Speed】The trail cam uses 120° wide angle lens to provide you the great shooting scope. Once detecting the movements, the wildlife camera will be triggered instantly in 0.2s without delay. You will never miss any exciting moments even at night.
- 【Versatile Applications 】There are multi-recording modes which bring versatile applications to the hunting camera, such as: Interval Recording, Time-Lapse, Timer, Password Protection, Time Stamp and Low Battery Alarm.
- 【Stealth & Waterproof Design 】Camo design makes the motion activated camera stealth for wildlife observing and researching of wild animals; ideal for camping and exploring as sport camera, IP56 Waterproof design makes the night vision camera ideal for outdoor applications, great sensitivity also can make it have the function of surveillance camera.
- 【Easy to Use】 The animal camera is easy to operate and mount. You could apply the user-friendly device to outdoor activities, not only hunting but also home security, property surveillance, wildlife monitoring and scouting,Farm Security. Fully automatic IR filter, built-in 46 Pcs 850NM Infrared LEDs. It is an updated new scouting camera.
Hunting has a long tradition in many countries, which goes back far into history. Even today, the hunting industry is booming, which naturally also has a high interest in hunting accessories. These include wildlife cameras, especially the Distianert wildlife camera, which can take photos with a resolution of 16 megapixels and videos in 1080p HD. In addition, it is in no way inferior to other game camera models and has a time-lapse function, is capable of interval recording and has, among other things, a time stamp. Furthermore, the AlfaView has the latest no-glow 940mm black infrared LED (64 pcs), The LEDs were therefore installed in the camera by the manufacturer, so that hunters no longer have the problem that the camera is detected by animals or even by humans, especially in sensitive image areas. Further technical specifications of the camera:
- HD video recording from 1 to 60 seconds
- The camera has a trigger interval. You can take photos at a preset interval
- Storage medium: Micro SD card (up to 32 GB)
- Operated by 8 batteries
For different purposes of use, the camera can be placed in strategically different locations. Mostly it is used in the animal world, but also to monitor the house and land. In addition to the camera, the delivery set also includes a mounting bracket, a USB and AV cable, a strap and a user manual.
4. Apeman wildlife camera 20MP 1080P infrared night vision
- 30MP Clarity and Exceptional 4K Video Resolution The 30MP resolution and automatic day and night sensor ensure crisp, vivid images every time
- Super Fast Trigger Speeds An impressively faster trigger speed of the central PIR sensor narrows down to 0.2s. So the camera will detect movements on time, and you are guaranteed never to miss any shot
- 40PCs Low Glow IR LEDs APEMAN trail camera is supported by 40PCS low glow IR LEDs illuminate out to 65ft, capturing awesome black and white photos of wildlife at night
- Upgrade IP66 Waterproof Improved water-resistant structure prevents misted lens and holds up well in bad weather and conditions
- Other Excellent Features 2 inch color LCD screen lets you quickly set up the camera and instantly view photos; Stamps photos with date, time and temperature, can be operated by an external power supply
A powerful and well-processed game camera, we can also recommend the manufacturer Apeman. The wildlife camera of this brand resolves content up to 20MP. For video content, however, 1080p resolutions are realized by this special camera.
Especially interesting in this model is the significantly improved night-shot quality. This ensures that the movements can be recorded well in low light conditions. So the camera does not flash.
To guarantee a generally good weather ability, the Apeman game camera has been IP66 certified. Thanks to the waterproof design, it can also be ensured that both the LED lights and the lenses are not damaged.
Further technical features of the Apeman Wildcamera:
- Photos: 20MP
- Videos: 1080p or Full HD
- Triggering speed: 0.35 seconds
- IP66 dust protection
- Display: 2-inch
5. Upgraded Crenova Trail Camera 12MP
- 20MP Pictures, 1080P HD Videos: Recording every moment of vivid wildlife & spectacular nature with rich details.
- Greatest Night Vision Performance: Thanks to superior 36pcs 940nm IR LEDs and automatic IR filter, the hunting camera does an excellent job when shooting at night, creating clear and sharp pictures and videos to satisfy all your needs!
- 120° Wide-Area Detection, 0.2S Lightning Trigger Speed: The scouting camera features 3 innovative sensors, offering 120° detection angle and up to 65ft effective detection range. 0.2s trigger time brings you the best experience without missing any detected action of the animals
- IP66 Waterproof Design & Multifunctional: IP66 waterproof, sturdy case and longer service life (installed 8AA batteries) make the camera stand out from tough working environment.
- Get tired of horrible amazon return policies? Enjoy easy return policy without returning product! Contact Us.
With game cameras, you can have a lot of fun in nature photography. Even with the
With this camera, which has the fastest shutter speed of 0.6 to 0.8 seconds in the hunting camera industry and has a very high detection range, you will not miss a shot. Further technical details of the game camera:
- 65ft Detection Range
- Video: 1080p
- Memory format: JPEG / AVI
- 120° Wide Angle
- Video recording with sound
- Automatic shutdown after 2 minutes
- TV exit
The delivery kit contains a manual and metal-resistant support in addition to the camera. Also included are a USB cable, an AV cable and a harness.
6. Campark Wildlife Trail Camera 14MP 1080P
- 14MP Clearer Image + 1080P Sharper Video Resolution The trail camera captures 14 Mega Pixel crystal images and full HD 1080P videos,providing more high-quality details during daytime(black and white at night).You could easily see the vivid world of wildlife. (Memory card NOT included in the package)
- Faster 0.3s Trigger Speed Once detecting the movements,the hunting camera will be triggered instantly in 0.3s without delay.You will never miss any exciting moments even at night.The trigger distance is up to 20m(65ft).
- Excellent Sensitivity and Night Vision with 3 PIR The scouting camera will detect movements of wild animals as soon as they enter the detecting range.With 3 passive infrared sensors,the high-sensitive camera detect and record every breathtaking motion with lower power consumption.The 42 pcs upgraded infrared LEDs can let you catch any moment even at dark night.850nm low glow infrared technology support super clear night vision.
- 120° Wide Angle Lens + Waterproof Sturdy Device The game camera is equipped with 120° detecting range,which allows you to get excellent broader view.It will record any animal movements you want with wide angle lens even in rainy days.
- Easy to Operate + Multiple Applications The hunting cam is easy to operate and mount.You could apply the user-friendly device to outdoor activities,not only hunting but also home security, property surveillance, wildlife monitoring and scouting,Farm Security. We guarantee 30 days money back and 12-month warranty and professional after-sale service within 24 hours.
A game camera that offers a resolution of up to 14 megapixels and can record videos with Full HD can also be ordered from the Campark brand. This high-quality camera for outdoor use is equipped with a 2.4-inch LCD display. Various IR sensors also ensure that movement activation can be used.
In the Campark game camera, especially the resolution quality and the recording speed can be seen. The triggering time is given by the manufacturer with only 0.3 seconds. Incomparable game cameras, this is often 0.7 seconds, so in practice, a pretty big difference is observed.
Thanks to the improved infrared technology, it is also easily possible that night vision can be used. For this, the manufacturer integrates 24 invisible LEDs with 940 nm infrared technology. Therefore, when taking pictures with this camera, the flash will not fire. This is important so that animals do not get scared and the photos and videos are then unusable.
Of course, the waterproof design is very important in a well-equipped game camera. Of course, the manufacturer of this game camera also uses appropriate precautions and integrated IP56 protection, so that this model is not only dustproof but also waterproof.
Please find attached an overview of the most important technical specifications of this model:
- Recordings in 1080p – Full HD
- Range: 20 meters
- Tripping time: 0.2 seconds
- 120° Wide Angle
7. SecaCam HomeVista Full HD Professional Trail Camera
- RECORD IT ALL – groundbreaking 100° angle of motion detection + image capture WITHOUT the distortion of a wide angle/ fisheye lens! Your answer to observe more, day or night.
- READY TO GO – batteries and SD card included. Waterproof, battery-operated, and versatile; set this camera up wherever you like as soon as it arrives at your door.
- NO-GLOW – truly hidden with our no-glow and invisible black LED flash combined with a camouflage exterior. Capture high-res images at night with our Dark Motion Freeze technology.
- WILDLIFE – with an infrared sensor and ultrafast response time of 0.4 seconds, you’ll never miss a thing. Track furry friends in your backyard or game out on the trails.
- SURVEILLANCE – simple, easy to set up, security solution. Monitor burglars, vandals, or other unwanted visitors, in a variety of options from full HD video to time lapse photos.
Outdoor activities have become increasingly important in recent years. And digital cameras of all shapes and sizes are becoming more and more popular in the outdoor sector. Above all, the market for game cameras has grown more and more in recent years and now has a large number of buyers. Outside of forested areas, you will also enjoy great popularity. A popular model among consumers is the SecaCam HomeVista, which records in Full HD and is part of professional outdoor equipment. In this model, the manufacturer has the image sensor and the exposure optimized so that the camera shoots crisp pictures even at night. In addition, the
- Videos in Full HD and with sound
- 100 degree wide-angle lens without typical fisheye distortion
- Thanks to the image sensor, you can shoot crisp images at night
- 15m night vision range
- Flash range of around 15 to 20 meters
- In camouflage design and difficult to discover at night
- Weather resistant with protection class IP544
In addition to the camera, the delivery includes a memory card, batteries, a mounting strap and a USB and video cable. In addition, the delivery set contains a multilingual user manual.
Victure Wild Trail Camera Trap 1080p Full HD
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY - Victure night vision motion camera built in 12MP Full HD captures every touching moment of wild animals with high quality images during daytime and excellent clear image even at night
- HIGH TRIGGER SPEED - Amazing faster trigger speed less than 1 second allows to capture every wonderful and exciting wildlife moments, even the most tiny action won't be missed
- HIGH DURABILITY - Extremely low consumption powered by 8 AA batteries offers you a work-time up to 6 months. This motion sensor animal camera will only be activated when detect animals
- HIGH SENSITIVITY - Wider sensor and detection angle with the maximum wide angle of 120°; longer trigger distance with the IR flash light from 3m to 20m even in wild nature
- HIGH PROTECTION - Unique technology of low glow infrared helps the hunting camera cover perfectly, there's no worry of scaring the animals; highly IP66 waterproof level makes this waterproof outdoor camera ideal for outdoor nature activities
Today’s wildlife cameras are not only for hunters and hunting enthusiasts who want to see what happens in their area at night. Increasingly, the cameras are also used in houses and on land, as the concern of many citizens has risen sharply during the last few years. Among the wildlife cameras, there are numerous models, including the
- Image sensor: 1/4 CMOS sensor
- Lens: f = 3,1mm with an automatic IR filter
- Storage formats: For photos: JPEG; For videos: AVI
- Tripping time: 0.5 seconds
- IR flash: 24 infrared LEDs for night photography
- Acquisition angle of the sensors: 90 degrees
- Connections: Mini USB 2.0
- Storage Medium: Camera supports SD / SDHC memory cards up to 32GB
- Screen: 2.4 inches
Additional technical gimmicks are included in the user manual, which is part of the delivery. The design of the camera is dustproof, crash proof, rainproof. This camera can also be used for monitoring in the house.
What you have to consider when buying a game camera
Although smartphones and tablets today no longer need to hide behind digital cameras or camcorders, the technical advantages of traditional cameras outweigh them. Based on the products described in our comparison on
Factors that are crucial in a wildlife camera
Since a game camera is also in the evening and at night in the dark in its place, should be placed on the purchase, especially on the image resolution, which is responsible for the high or low resolution. In general, 3 megapixels (MP) are sufficient to achieve good image quality. Most cameras described have this resolution, but there are also models with much higher image quality. So some game cameras have a resolution of 5, 8, 12 and even 16 MP. The respective image resolution also depends on what you want to do with the camera. For example, for scientists who want to observe animals, a camera with 3 MP is enough Finally, you do not want to take pictures for a fashion catalogue or create glossy photos for a cookbook or something similar. You should also be wary of the seller saying “The more megapixels, the higher the image quality”. If a camera is advertised with 12 MP, for example, this is far from proof of pin-sharp pictures. The reason: wildlife cameras often take pictures with a resolution of 3 or 5 MP. Through the so-called interpolation the image is then extrapolated to 12 MP. From the already existing pixels then additional subpixels are calculated, which are added to the image. When buying a game camera, you should especially pay attention to whether the resolution is a value after the interpolation or the pictures are actually taken with 3 or 5 MP.
Tripping time of the game camera
In addition to the resolution of the images, you should also be informed when purchasing the shutter release of the camera. This is the time it takes a camera from motion detection to start recording. In contrast to the image resolution, the shutter release time on the camera cannot be
Infrared flash at the camera
As with all other cameras, game cameras naturally work with the flash. As you have already seen, the cameras use the so-called infrared flash. At locations such as grape orchards or changing places, Wild keeps pace. Here it is advisable to photograph with the infrared flash, so as not to scare the animals unnecessarily. However, there are also cameras with a conventional white flash. For example, with this flash type, a moving object can be photographed because the white flash works with shorter exposure times compared to infrared flash.
In addition, some wild-card product descriptions may include the terms no-glow and/or low-glow. Specifically, this means: Either a simple glow is visible during a recording (low-glow) or even none (no glow). Also, the specification of 940mm will often run into you when dealing with wild cameras. This is the indication of the wavelength. For models that use a so-called black flash, the wavelength of the LEDs is 940mm and is not visible to humans or animals. A black flash also makes sense if you use the camera to monitor buildings. Burglars and other troublemakers will not notice the triggering of the camera. The low-glow flash, in turn, has the advantage of higher flash range. In addition, the images are illuminated by the flash more than the black flash. This ultimately affects the picture quality. If you study the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, you will also notice that most infrared flashes are equipped with a filter. The reason: Since the filter is installed in front of the lens, the unnecessary infrared during the day is filtered out. In
Last update on 2022-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising