Exercising is essential not only to be in shape and get a toned body but also to be in good health and even to release stress. All these reasons have led to, more and more people, are encouraged to practice yoga. And that necessarily leads them to buy a yoga mat.
If you are going to start doing that sporting discipline, do not doubt that one of the objects that you will need most is the aforementioned article. And it is the one that will allow you to perform the corresponding exercises with which you will improve your physique and your well-being.
Precisely in order to help you find the right mat, next, we will indicate not only what aspects to set to acquire one but also what are the best models in the current market.
Tips for buying yoga mats
On sale, you will find a variety of models of that article. Therefore, to find the right one, you should pay attention to the following identity signs :
- The thickness of the mat. This is, without a doubt, one of the most important criteria that you must take into account in order to acquire a mat. And that factor depends on you do the exercises comfortably without your health is resentful. Of course, because if it is very thin you can hurt your joints while if it is too thick you will not have a good balance. For that reason, you should be clear that the average thickness is usually about 4 or 5 millimetres, although each person should choose the most suitable given their characteristics.
- The grip. If the previous factor was essential, it is not less this, since the grip depends on you do not run off and so you can avoid hurting yourself by practising that discipline. Therefore, it is vital that you make sure it is a non-slip mat.
- The material with which it is made is also another aspect that you must take into account. In this case, you should know that most are made of PVC, which gives them lightness, although it does not have a long useful life. However, there are other models made with materials that respect the environment, but, yes, they have a higher price.
- The design is, in the same way, an aspect in which to look at you. Most mats are smooth and one colour. However, if you like to make a difference, you should know that there are models with very bold designs, ethnic style.
The price you have, the brand that supports it and even if it can be folded or not easily are other aspects that you should take into consideration when buying a mat to practice yoga with comfort and safety.
The best yoga mats
|1||FitBeast Yoga Mat, 6mm Thick Non-Slip Exercise Yoga Mat, TPE Eco...||£19.97||Buy on Amazon|
|2||HYBRID Yoga Mat PREMIUM High-Density NBR Foam with Carrying Strap...||£29.99 £17.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Core Balance Pilates Mat, Extra Thick Foam 10mm, Non Slip,...||£15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||TOPLUS Yoga Mat, Classic Pro Yoga Mat TPE Eco Friendly Non Slip...||£30.99 £21.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||KG Physio Non-Slip Yoga Mat with Strap - Exercise Mat Ideal for...||£24.99 £19.99||Buy on Amazon|
Once you have been able to know what are the criteria to take into account when acquiring this article that concerns us, it is time to discover what are the best yoga mats on the market:
1. Heathyoga mat
- New Eco Friendly Material – TPE is the latest technological improvement to the traditional yoga mats. No latex, no PVC, or any heavy metal. Our...
- Body Alignment System: The alignment lines help you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper...
- Perfect Performance –6mm in thickness offers the most comfortable experience for all level yogis. Double layer structure design provides...
- Extra Large Size: 183cm x 65cm; Thickness: 6mm; Weight: 2.8lb (Approx). Longer and wider than regular yoga mats, ideal almost for everyone....
- Specialized Yoga Brand: Being a professional yoga product manufacturer for over 10 years, we have been and still continuing to source our planet...
The second position in our ranking is occupied by this other model, which stands out for its thickness of 6 millimetres, because it is non-slip and because it has been made with TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) and the latest technology.
It has double-sided texture, weighs 1.3 kilos and its dimensions are 183 centimetres long and 65 centimetres wide. It guarantees good cushioning and is available in several colours.
2. Homfa Premium Yoga Mat
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Practice yoga with a clear conscience, as our mats are made with high-quality, has good resiliencedurable materials that ensure a...
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - Our eco-friendly materials are also high density and thick, Healthy and Eco-friendly. SGS verification material,free of PVC...
- NON-SLIP - Both sides of the mat have non-slip surfaces,not only breathable, but also wet and dry so that the mat stays firmly in place while you...
- EASY-TO-CLEAN - A quick wipe down after every session is all that is needed, thanks to the moisture-resistant technology incorporated into the...
- EASY-TO-CARRY - The mat features an additional strap to hold when the mat is rolled up. It is extremely lightweight too, so that it can be easily...
If you are looking for a mat with style and different, keep in mind that this may be what you need. And it is surprising, first of all, for its ethnic design.
It is made of natural rubber, is non-slip, has a thickness of 4.2 millimetres and its dimensions are 185 x 67.4 centimetres. It is presented as a 2 in 1: mat and towel. To all that we must add that it can be easily cleaned, that it has a strap to transport it comfortably and that it weighs more than 2 kilos.
3. KG Yoga mat – Premium quality
- NON SLIP - Our gym mat for men and women features a non slip surface sweat proof material- excellent for holding postures in yoga or pilates
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - Our KG Physio fitness mat features premium quality cushioning to absorb impact and create comfort under your feet, so you can...
- HIGH QUALITY - Don't believe us? Check our reviews. If you have any issue with your mat contact us straight away and we will resolve it asap. We...
- MOBILE - Our KG physio workout mat comes with a free carry strap rolled up inside making it ideal for mobile use or storing away neatly in your...
- GUARANTEE - Our mats come with a 1 year warrantee, any problems we will replace straight away. Anything else, our team are on hand 24/7 and will...
If you are looking for an economical yoga mat you may find this interesting, which is available on Amazon online store.
It is anti-slip, is created with a system to cushion the impact, is suitable for yoga and pilates and can be purchased in various colours. All this without forgetting that it is made in NBR, which guarantees its quality, and that it has a thickness of 1 centimetre.
It has a strap to transport comfortably, weighs about 984 grams and its dimensions are 183 x 59.5 x 1 cm.
4. TechFit Yoga mat
- 180 x 60 cm, 15 mm thick - The size ensures comfort for people of all shapes and sizes. With high density foam material, TechFit Extra Thick...
- NON SLIP - Prevent from falling apart due to the new design of integrated anti-tearing net. You can use this mat for strenuous Yoga poses and...
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Non-toxic, waterproof, soft and thick Yoga mat will make working out the best part of your day! The secret is high density NBR,...
- MULTI USE - For Women, Men and Children, ideal for Yoga, Pilates, Aerobic, Workouts, Camping, Sleeping, Meditation, Parks.
- MANUFACTURER'S LIFETIME WARRANTY - If there are any issues with your product, simply contact us and we will give you a full refund and send you...
A yoga mat that has a good value for the money, it measures 180 x 60 centimetres, its thickness is 15 millimetres and it is made with high-density foam. To all this, we must add that it is non-slip and that it can be used for yoga and pilates as well as to meditate, sleep and even go camping.
It weighs 1.2 kilos and has a handle to be transported comfortably once it has been rolled up.
5. CSWOLI Yoga Mat
In this list of the best mats for yoga, you also had to include this other model that is presented as ecological, because it is made with tree resin, and resistant. It is non-slip, has a thickness of 6 millimetres and its dimensions are 183 x 65 centimetres.
To all that we must add that it is hypoallergenic, can be washed very easily and weighs 1 kilo. In addition, it can also be used for other exercises beyond yoga.
6. Esterilla Movit Gymnastics Mat
- MOVIT Studio-Quality Gymnastics Mat incl. Fastening Bands
- Available Sizes: L 190cm x W 100cm x D 1.5cm or L 190cm x W60cm x D 1.5cm
- Choice of colours: black, sky-blue, pink, red, purple, green, grey, royal blue, petrol blue, lime, yellow, apricot
- Material: NBR foam (nitrile rubber): free of phthalates and heavy metals (passed SGS test) washable, skin-friendly, non-slip, hardwearing, extra...
- The MOVIT Yogamat is perfect for yoga exercises, pilates, gymnastics, freeletics and floor gymnastics of all kinds.
The most sold yoga mat on Amazon is the one you have now at the front.
It is also used for pilates, has a thickness of 15 millimetres and its dimensions are 190 x 100 centimetres. Also, it should be noted that it is made of NBR foam rubber, which is easy to wash and is non-slip while offering great protection to the joints.
In several colors, you can buy this model that includes two clamps to roll up. Those who have it emphasize that it is soft, comfortable and very safe to practice all kinds of exercises.
And here’s our list of the best yoga mats. Read well the information we have given you, think carefully what you need and choose the most appropriate model.
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API